Joeyd7

111W Edge Guide Bed Screw

Just picked up a 111w155, also bought a swing away edge guide. What size is the bed screw that tightens the guide? Or if anyone can link me to the correct screw.

I have a smaller thumb screw for another bed but the 111w opening is much bigger.

Thanks

If it's the one that swings down and mounts to the rear, I believe it's 6mm, but I could be wrong. The model I mentioned has to have a hole drilled and tapped into the rear. Then you can use a short screw in the other hole... But be careful. That existing hole already has a screw in it and you have to be careful not to mess it up.

Sorry I thought my picture was uploaded. It's just the basic swing guide that lays flat on the bed, I'll try uploading it again. It's for the 2 holes in the center of the bed along the side.

post-53297-0-87741200-1407981327_thumb.j

Not sure on those.... Sorry

I have several Singer thumb screws that secure attachments onto the bed or a cover plate. Most that are unaltered are 5-40 pitch. Your machine may use 5-40, or 6-40, or something else.

Singer used a few thumb screws for securing throat plates and swing guides.

-part #680 was a 3/16" x 32tpi

or the following were #200549, #200462, #200861. All of these were 13/64" x 32tpi. Just slight bibber than #680. I believe all are still available from dealers or on the net.

glenn

Singer part # 200157, 13/64-32, Singer tap, not a metric, SAE or US Standard.

This item does appear in the Singer 111W155 parts book, I highlighted the page from the book as it's hard to find and not obvious. In the parts description this does read as 'attaching screw'.

Another number 200459, same 13/64-32 thread pitch of course, but is a large thumb screw.

Both part numbers are good current part numbers, and should pop right up for anybody who sells these former Singer screws that are now available as generic quality, like everything else.

This is used on many Singer, but also many Japanese models, such as a Consew/Seiko 206RB series, they all use this same attaching screw as well.

post-14272-0-71123300-1408041022_thumb.j

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing