Constabulary

Singer 29K58, 29K62, 29K71 Instruction Manual

I have a very nice and clear instruction manual for the 29K58 / 29K62 as a PDF and would like to share it but I cannot upload it as it is 2.5 MB. It also includes instructions for adjustments.

Any chance that I can send it to an administrator who can add it to this post?

It is really nice and clear and not a poor photocopy.

I really think it is worth sharing it.

Send it to me, it will be uploaded to our server and I'll share a link for everyone to see and download on this thread, if you like, or you can link to the URL and do what you want with it.

Cheers

Hey Gregg, I haven´t thought of it so I put it on a server on my end ;)

It is a 20MB file so download may take a few seconds but the manual is sharp + clear. Here is the direct download link:

Instruction Manual Singer 29K58, 29K62

This manual of course will work for 29K71 and others as well, especially those with removable gear box.

Edited by Constabulary

Hey Gregg, I haven´t thought of it so I put it on a server on my end ;)

It is a 20MB file so download may take a few seconds but the manual is sharp + clear. Here is the direct download link:

Instruction Manual Singer 29K58, 29K62

This manual of course will work for 29K71 and others as well, especially those with removable gear box.

Your download is behind a password protected web page and can't be accessed by the public without the proper credentials.

is solved, I already noticed it ;)

I have uploaded the larger file so the quality is much better.

Edited by Constabulary

I have another nice one for the later type 29K series.

Very useful information, nice & clear instructions and a great parts list.

Direct download link:

Service Manual and Parts List for Singer 29K71, 29K72 and 29K73

But I think it is helpful for other 29K subclasses as well.

The parts list is very helpful for disassembling and reassembling!!!

Edited by Constabulary

Does anyone know the difference between a 29k58 and other 29k's? I need to get some parts and need to know what parts manual to use.

Best way to find out is comparing part numbers + parts lists.

29K´s have a lot of subclasses and some just have minor differences. I would assume that most 29K71 parts will work for the 29K58 as well but cannot promise.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=64040&p=428550

Edited by Constabulary

The only parts manual I have is so small when blown up to readable it is very blurry. College sewing doesnt have my parts list so I am trying to figure out how much mixes and matches. :dunno:

The 29K 58 is a short arm, small bobbin machine. You should be able to use the 29K70 and 29K71 manuals for parts. Only difference between the machines might be the adjustment on the take up lever that regulates the amount of lift of the lever and the throat plate screw. Later models of the 29K 70 and 71 had the stud and front set screw to secure the needle plate. Before that,n Singer used the screw #ss84 or later called #109084 which was a shoulder screw. Threads were 3/16"x 28 pitch. Singer used this screw for the needle plate from the first patcher in the late 1870's until the late 1950's! I am going to have these built in a few years when I retire with an Allen head instead of the straight slot that is too shallow and always gets buggered up.

glenn

Thank you Glenn. Yes the take up lever adjuster is shown in two versions for my machine. Since I need the plunger it screws into also I ordered both parts for a 70. Please correct me if I am wrong but this adjuster is how you adjust top thread tension instead of using the tension discs?

Links to manuals broken 404 error

I know - manuals folder has been deleted by mistake - sorry folks.

Please end me your email by PM and I will send you the files

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks Cons!!

Looking at purchasing a singer 29k62, I was going to download the user and service manuals but I get an error, are they no longer available ? ?

18 minutes ago, WLS said:

Looking at purchasing a singer 29k62, I was going to download the user and service manuals but I get an error, are they no longer available ? ?

All I have is this manual for the Singer 29k71, 72 and 73. I hope that helps you.

29k71-71-73 Service Manual and Parts List.pdf

Thanks Wiz ! !  

What would be a fair price for a 1949 Singer 29K62 long arm machine mounted on a table with servo motor and speed reducer ? 

$1,000.00 if it has been gone over!!

glenn