Just a couple of pocket watch cases I turned out today. Made from 5-6oz veg tanned leather. The darker one is mahogany stain and a gears stamp and the lighter one is saddle tan. I cut out the form from 5/8" plywood then made a matching outer and clamped them together with the leather in between. Let them dry for about an hour before staining. All hand sewn. Instead of burnishing the edges I dyed them black and used clear edge coat.

post-44641-0-40719100-1411699480_thumb.j

post-44641-0-91039900-1411699488_thumb.j

Really cool idea. Ive always liked pocket watches but never occurred to me to make a pouch for one.

I have 2 different ones, don't carry either but I wanted to try using forms so figured try it on something small first. You could also use them for other small things like change I guess.

Now working on a new phone case for myself using the same process

Halitech, Thanx for sharing

Yeah it is a cool idea, that I had never thought of either.

A Train or a Floral pattern or both tooled into one might be other ideas ?

Nice job! I was thinking of making something similar for a compass.. Christmas presents for kids, maybe.

Wild Bill - Never thought of a train, that would be cool. Not sure there is enough room to do a floral pattern around a train though. Maybe someone better at tooling could do it but my floral stinks :(

Monica - thanks, really not that hard to do. Those ones are about 2.5" wide and the back piece was cut 7" long if I remember right and then trimmed once it was all put together