Well, it seems it's getting a bit slow in here the last few days, so I might as well contribute.

I finished this a few months ago. It's the first belt I've made for a customer, and therefore the first complete set I've done. The color is Angelus Spice, with black elephant, and the cow is W&C.

Paul

P1070350_zps7bd38fe4.jpg

P1070339_zpsa420e6d4.jpg

P1070338_zps8d6d1b8c.jpg

Nice job. The elepant trim is a nice touch and I like the spice.

As always, . . . good looking stuff.

You could call it eye candy.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks guys! That was the first holster I'd made on that pattern, and it's been pretty popular since. Here's a few for both Commanders and 5 inch 1911s I've made since.

P1070602_zps233bcb8f.jpg

P1070712_zps131116a8.jpg

On this set, both the holster and the mag carrier are lined with 4 oz. Hermann Oak. Made for one heck of a stiff holster and carrier. This one's in Angelus Cordovan, though it's hard to tell in the photos. This piece of W&C seems to come out a slightly darker cordovan than I'm used to. May have to dip it in the dye for a few seconds less.

P1070803_zpsd8b1362e.jpg

Very nice work. Really like the edges. Very smooth and natural looking.

Very handsome work, as always, Paul!

Those look great. luxurious looking.

Your work is perfect. Really like the combination of textures and colors.

The dye job is flawless... I just purchased several colors in Fiebings Pro Oil dye and am thinking maybe I should have gone with the Angelus.

What is your opinion between the two... pros and cons for each, if you don't mind.

Wow at first I thought this was one of my holsters.....

feg.jpg

Very nice set. Nice dye job and detail work on all pieces.

HOLY SCHMOLLY SHOOTER!!! They sure do look alike!!

I think the first time I saw the swooping exotic overlay was on one of K-Man's holsters when he was still making them. It may have been Big River Leather though. Makes me wonder how far back that goes, and who the first person to do it was. Were you inspired by anyone, or did you come up with it on your own? The leather being lowered on the front (top of the slide) was simple necessity. The first customer I made this pattern for wanted it a bit lower in the front, and I still needed to cover the trigger.

msdeluca,

Fiebing's Pro Oil dyes are good. I used to use them. I never really cared for the smell. It's not stronger than Angelus, just different. And it seems to linger in the shop for a day afterword. I once happened to be airbrushing some Pro Oil Mahogany the same day I came down with stomach flu, and had that smell in my nose the whole time I was ralphing! Now I HATE the smell of that stuff! Angelus has a great many colors, and are actually a good bit less expensive. I don't get much dye rub off with them (or Fiebing's Pro Oil for that matter) except for Angelus' Jet Black (witch leaves a lot of film on the surface, at least when dip dyeing.) I'm now using Angelus' Pro Black No. 507 and get very little rub off, like Fiebing's Pro Oil Black. I also use their acrylic finish (No. 600) and like it better than Resolene, as it seems less likely to get bubbles or streaks. That's when applying with a sponge brush. I've airbrushed both Resolene and Angelus 600 and see no difference when applied that way. I dip in 600 now, but have never tried that with Resolene.

Paul

Paul... thanks for that!