Hi Guys, I am very new to this forum and have never really shown or discussed my work very much. Here is one of my recent projects I completed. Let me know what you think!

P

Hi Guys, I am very new to this forum and have never really shown or discussed my work very much. Here is one of my recent projects I completed. Let me know what you think!

P

post-56504-0-81985900-1414676351_thumb.j

post-56504-0-93235700-1414677142_thumb.j

Apologies, it appears that I have posted this twice and can't seem to delete the other one. Any advice welcome

That is really bright!! How big is it? What does it look like on the inside.

Handle and latch both look good and the stitching is nice and even. Is it hand stitched or did you use a machine?

Hi Rohn,

Bright indeed...It is approximately 17in diagonally from corner to corner. This was actually the first case I made so it can certainly be better. I hand stitch all my work, maybe one day I will be able to afford a machine! The inside was lined, have a look below.

P

post-56504-0-72418500-1414679347_thumb.j

I am a holster maker and hand stitch or lace all my holsters but am hoping to get a machine sometime in the near future.

I think you did a really good job on the case. I would like to make one sometime but I am quite busy with holsters at the present.

Very, very nice! How did you attach the lining? I'd love to see some pictures of the lining, edge, etc.

I'm impressed. It looks great and your hand stitching looks very even. I'd like to know how you attach the lining too. I'd like to work up to making something like this someday.

Nice job! Clean construction and nice stitching indeed!

Thanks. Monica and Bob I will try and find some images of the lining attachment. It was actually relatively simple, make sure you have an excess of the lining material, fold it over right at the edge and stitch in place with the leather. The important thing is to use an adhesive that will permanently fix that lining; once it comes loose it is very difficult to make it look good again

Van -----------------

I like this Document Case because of its simplicity,

Bright yes, but, this along with your clean stitching is the charicter of the case.

Really great effort. ------ Wild Bill46