sharkeyfinn

Music! Whats Your Thing?

Wow what a voice!! Chiefjason how do you attach the video to this message board?

I know, she kills me every time she opens her mouth. I spent 2 hours on youtube listening after I posted that. FYI, check out "I want you Back" on the Boston Sidewalk. Live, open air, and they absolutely KILL IT!

Open the video in another window, copy the address out of the internet address bar, paste it here. I always preview the post to make sure it comes up.

Thanks for that Chief I certainly will have a look and get back to you. I'm Peter by the way

Lake Street Dive: wow, totally not the voice I was expecting to come out of her! Beautiful voice and song, though! I'll have to check out more of their music.

I listen to all sorts of music but lean toward more mellow stuff while working leather. Bonnie Raitt, Alison Krauss or Dave Matthews, to name a few. Tedeschi Trucks Band isn't what I'd call mellow but a definite go-to when I need a pick me up. Susan Tedeschi is another one like Rachael Price - you just don't expect to be blown away by her voice when you see her.

Love Tedeschi Trucks too. Throw this one in the mix, Lori McKenna- Salt. I love singer/songwriters, great obscure artists, and a good story. Also a sucker for a great female voice. I need to look more into her work, this song is fantastic though.

i rarely watch tv...being in school to become a web/app developer, i do lots of reading...i have a growing library of close to 30,000 songs....from big band classics to some heavy metal with a sweet baseline...if I'm working on on project, unless there's a Spurs game on, its music

I'm usually running one of three Pandora stations; Amos Lee, Avett Brothers, or Lake Street Dive. With that it will bring up a huge swath of artists. Dan Tyminski, Bob Dylan, Mumford & Son, Willie Nelson, John Prine, The Band, Jack Johnson, some old blues, R&B, or Jazz. If I'm listening to a radio station I usually stream Martha's Vineyard Radio. Pretty much get most of the above there too.

In case you have not had the pleasure, this is Lake Street Dive. This video is one take.

ooh could you recommend a wille nelson album please ;-)

ooh could you recommend a wille nelson album please ;-)

Personally, I love Teatro. But it's not really country. Fantastic music though, IMO. Honeysuckle Rose is full of some of his best songs. City of New Orleans has a few big ones on it. Don't forget the Highwaymen stuff. Or just grab a greatest hits type album. Half Nelson has some great duets too.

In case you don't know the Highwaymen; Willie, Waylon, Cash, and Kristofferson. Doing a good Willie and Waylon song.

Blues,

Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Robert Johnson, Lightnin' Hopkins, James Cotton, Elmore James, etc.

Did you ever see the movie "Cadilac Records" ? It is based somewhat on the story of Chess Records and features excellent portrayals of Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Chuck Berry, and Beyonce is great as Etta James

Blues,

Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Robert Johnson, Lightnin' Hopkins, James Cotton, Elmore James, etc.

Eamonn Walker as Howlin' Wolf

90s Alt Rock & Alt Country/Americana.

Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Dave Matthews Band, David Gray.

Guy Clark, Ryan Adams, Lucinda Williams, Patty Griffin.

Local Austin, TX music - The Gourds, Bob Schneider, Shinyribs.