bylinesupplyco

Cleanest Way To Dye Edges

Just wondering how to get the cleanest, neatest edge dye possible. Right now Im loving the oil dye I use, but have been dying with a wool dauber after burnishing.

I am wondering if there is a way to get a neater edge dye, as the wool dauber doesn't always allow for the most uniform edge dying.

Any tips or ideas? Thanks!

Awesome thanks so much! Does anyone have any edge finishes they recommend as well?

Bob Park recommends neat lac, just wanted to see if this is a good way to go. Thanks!

Get some double ended foam makeup applicator sticks from a beauty supply place. Easy to control and if you clean them, can be reused 5+ times on each end.

Just wondering how to get the cleanest, neatest edge dye possible. Right now Im loving the oil dye I use, but have been dying with a wool dauber after burnishing.

I am wondering if there is a way to get a neater edge dye, as the wool dauber doesn't always allow for the most uniform edge dying.

Any tips or ideas? Thanks!

I just dip a Q-tip into the dye, blot it lightly on a paper towel, and roll the Q-tip along the edge of the leather...it really gives precise control over how much dye you're applying to the edge of your work and you can prevent getting excess dye on either side of the leather.

not too sure if this technique would work with edge paint since the consistency of the paint is probably different than the water-based eco stuff that I use...Good Luck!!