thefanninator

February Keep Making Stuff Challenge

Nice job, TRH, I like the stiffer leather choice. Thanks for posting pictures!

A bit late, but here are my dopp kit. I had some trouble with straps and loops, had to make new ones and move them, so not quite happy about the placement of them, I may have had an issue with the pattern somehow, old and blind as I am... LOL

I had much fun making it :) love all of your work, and looking at your beautiful items :)

Dopp Kit 015

Dopp Kit 018

Dopp Kit 019

Dopp Kit 023

I'm a little late to the party on this one too! These dopp kits are great to make, had a lot of fun with this one. I made mine out of some really nice oil-tanned in about an 8oz weight. I made my handle a little bigger so I can carry it around my wrist in case hands are full of towels or whatever. Love it!

post-8183-0-39463200-1428615133_thumb.jppost-8183-0-98965200-1428615150_thumb.jppost-8183-0-08629900-1428615161_thumb.jp

Nice, you guys! The celtic knot is cool, Erystawi.

Andy, that 9 oz. oil-tanned leather looks really nice. I also like the simple buckle. Wish I had done that. Also, the handle is great. I still have mine sitting around on top of leather waiting for me to make a handle for it. Meh.

Erystawi, i like the extra reinforcement on the front under the loops, the loop and the knots.

Andy, i hadn't thought of using one larger strap and buckle but it looks really nice and clean. i also like the large loop, you can get it up your arm aways if your hands are full.

Good job by you both.