DarkGoku

I Just Bought A Cobra Class 4

This will be my first sewing machine ever:) I read up on here for weeks trying to figure out what machine would serve my needs and offer relief for my fingers! I considered the Tippmann Boss, and even went as far as putting it on lay-a-way. While I slowly made payments, I read up more and researched the Cowboy cb 3200/3500 models. I tried and tried to make contact but I can see they were really busy. So I started reading more and found out about Cobra Steve, and how knowledgeable, and friendly he is. He was able to help others with their problems, even towards machines they had bought from other dealers. So for kicks I called him thinking "Ok, I'm probably not going to get a response!" so was I wrong. He answered and I explained what I'm looking for and the budget I had, which was lower then their asking price for new machines. I told him that I can't afford a new one but maybe a used one. Sadly he had none to offer:( i felt a little defeated by now because after all my research I found the Boss was not the machine for me after all and now I felt stuck with it... A feeling everyone hates to have:( Then all of a sudden Steve made me an offer that was just too good to be true:) even so I had to call my wife (business partner) and tell her, she even thought it to be too good! So I called Steve and asked him question after question trying to find a lie or sign of a scam! Nothing... He was an great man and explain everything putting my worries and concerns to ease:) well to make a long story shorter, my Cobra will arrive soon and I canceled my lay-a-way with Tippmann:)

Thank you Lord for guiding me to Cobra Steve:)

Congratulations !!! I too just ordered a Cobra 4P from Steve today. He really is a good guy. He p0ut my mind at ease and made the process so very simple. I wish there were more folks like him !! It's going to be about a week before mine is delivered and I am so excited I'm going to find it hard to control myself hahahaha !!

Congratulations aswell:) I'm too impatient!! I'm ready to jump in and stitch up every single piece of scrap I have:D never used a sewing machine, always hand stitched everything. Can't wait for this relief, I'm already lining up projects! Crazy note, I found a youtube video of a guy sewing a license plate with the Cobra 4:) Awesome stuff there!

Wow !! A license plate !!! I'm going to have to look for that one. I bought a Consew 206RB-5 about 6 months ago, and love it, but realized that I needed two different machines to handle the varied type of work we do. We do leather garments all the way up to motorcycle saddlebags and such. The machines make sewing so much fun !

Here's the link:)

Watch "Cobra%20Class%204%20liscense%20plate1]" on YouTube

Cobra%20Class%204%20liscense%20plate1]:

It is pretty cool:)

I hope that guy doesn't have a warranty issue... lol

I'm curious to know what possessed him to do it? "Hay I wonder if I can sew license plate with my $2500+ Machine?" LoL

Congratulations on your decision to deal with Cobra Steve.

I have had my Cobra 4P since last April. I can not express how much I have enjoyed the wonderful machine, the superb service and my relationship with Cobra Steve and his entire staff. From my very first conversation with Steve through delivery, set up and ordering more bobbins and needles I have never felt hurried or had any question too silly to answer completely and in understandable language. I think Steve and his crew have encountered every conceivable issue and problem you will ever see. Even ones that are your fault or you cause. They will answer quickly and never make you feel inadequate for asking or seeking advise. If I seem overly enthusiastic about Leather Machine Company it is because I am, without any reservation! I will deal with them again and recommend Steve to anyone that wants or needs a great leather sewing system, with superb service and who cares about generating genuine customer relations.

jr

That is awesome and I can tell by the little I've experienced so far:) I've already started spreading the word and I haven't received the machine yet:) Thanks alot... now I can't wait till it comes in:D

I'm curious to know what possessed him to do it? "Hay I wonder if I can sew license plate with my $2500+ Machine?" LoL

Call me crazy, but it has never occurred to me to try that with my Consew... :no:

Heck that's nothing, license plates are just thin soft tin. I've seen machines sew 1/2 inch plywood. I haven't done it but would not be afraid to try.

I see:) still you can't ignore the thought process in his mind of having this expensive "sewing machine" and thinking of grabbing the license plate off of whatever and sew. It's pretty cool to see, and I thank him for risking his investment to show the world how heavy duty these powerhouses are. I'm confident knowing if I feel incorporating a license plate into my work, I won't be limited:D

Heck that's nothing, license plates are just thin soft tin. I've seen machines sew 1/2 inch plywood. I haven't done it but would not be afraid to try.

I have owned two Union Lockstitch machines, both of which could sew through 1/2 inch of plywood. They are sometimes used to sew briefcases and other luggage that has wood inside (usually 1/4 inch).

Well, I am truly glad to know that this machine is stronger than a bull, but there's one thing I've learned over the years, and that's to respect my investments, especially when it comes to machinery. My other hobby is building motorcycles, and just because one of my Harley's can do an awesome burnout to the point of tearing the tire right off the bike, does not mean I'm going to do it.....ever. I know that when I walk up to it, it will start every time, and I treat it with respect, and it treats me right as well. I can understand the plywood, especially when it comes to briefcases, but I'm still not going to run my machine thru metal just to see if it can. This machine cost me way too much to be treating it that way.

@CThomas1998 I agree with you 200%':) I cherish my bike and the tools of my trade! What out respect, there's no point in having them:)

Thank you for the kind words and for the impressive video, we appreciate it.

I agree about not abusing machinery, but that license plate is no where near as tough to sew as 3/4 inch of old hard draft horse tug, and that class machine will do that all day. I can sew that license plate by hand with a awl and needle

Woa woa woa!!! pump the brakes buddy:) my fingers hurt already just from reading that! LOL im very impressed with this machines capabilities, im new to this aspect of leather:) To see that a sewing machine do something like sew a license plate has me in aww. Im very happy to see I made the right choice from what I originally wanted to get. Im very happy to find a place like this, with people of your caliber that has great knowledge and skill, with the drive to help noobs like myself in this trade.

thank you Steve for your patience and all the help you offer:)

Yea I just received my Class 4 yesterday Had an issue with the shipper but Steve is making everything right. Now I just have to figure out how to use this thing

< I can sew straight lines, belts bookcovers make the turnes and all, My issue is sew purses. so far all my stitching has been by hand and punching all the holes then sew it all together is the way know. If any one can guide me to a video of sewing a gusset to the front and back banels of the purse That would be great. I put a strip of leather on the outside covering my raw edges I can't seem to keep everything lined up. Any help would be appriciated.

I agree with all of you that it is stupid to abuse machines, that why I said I have SEEN it done but haven't done it. I believe the person that made that vid was trying to show that good machines CAN do tough jobs. I stand by that tin that thin does not take near the power that say 3/4 inch of tough leather to punch through.

Edited by catskin

Videos like that, are where the stupid safety warnings we have to suffer through come from.

Do not operate hair dryer underwater.

Edited by Oldtoolsniper

Videos like that, are where the stupid safety warnings we have to suffer through come from.

Do not operate hair dryer underwater.

Yeah, YouTube is full of geniuses with video cameras. :crazy:

That is too true about the YouTube bit:) but you have to admit, they do satisfy the curiosity to the "what if I did" question.

Last dying words a redneck says "Hay bubba check this sh@t out" at least now, thanks to YouTube our investments are safe and their investments are serving our purpose.

That is too true about the YouTube bit:) but you have to admit, they do satisfy the curiosity to the "what if I did" question.

Last dying words a redneck says "Hay bubba check this sh@t out" at least now, thanks to YouTube our investments are safe and their investments are serving our purpose.

I, for one, am very glad that most of those "what if I did" questions NEVER occurred to me... :no:

I too am a new Cobra 4P owner, took possession in mid January. Machine was easy to operate, as Steve and the folks had it all set for me to start in on my holsters. A couple of practice pieces and we were off and running. A double layered gun belt stitched in about 6 minutes, afraid to guess how many hand stitch hours that would be. My issue was learning to "stitch in the ditch" when following a pre-laid out pattern. I tend to want to run too fast and get off track, but I'm learning patience. Very pleased with my selection.