tboyce

What Is The Appropriate Punishment?

My wife just informed me that she was re-caulking the kitchen sink and that she used my 1" bag punch as a tool to remove the old caulk.

I informed her that such a crime was dire indeed and the most dire of punishments needs to be applied to it.

So, I'm going shopping now and the only question is should I buy another bag punch or something else and resharpen the one she used?

Something else and a re sharpen.

My wife once threw out all those little bent wires that were stored in a myriad of old prescription bottles. Of course I blew up, when I found out why, I could not find any of my hex (Allen) wrenches. 45 years later I still get a kick out of asking her if any tool I can't find is with all those bent wires.

It might be useful for you to become a wounded victim, a martyr, and use the faux pas as a bargaining chip or for sympathy when you need it at some future date, and you will need to. I would re-sharpen the tool , but leave it looking abused and make sure everyone can see how you are relegated to using abused, misused tools through no fault of your own. Just don't take it too far and smile. Works for me.

jr

I agree with JREESER1, and you both can lol for many years. This type of moment are priceless.

My wife never throws anything out, which turns out to be a bigger problem than you might think.

One piece of leverage that I have used in the past when my wife started complaining about how much I spent on something, I just began adding up the amount spent on her shoe collection. That drew a pretty quick, "Nevermind."

An old boss of mine bought a reciprocating saw. His wife questioned the cost of it and he pointed out that he got it to work in renovating their house. (It was very old and had some weird, small rooms upstairs. In truth, that wasn't why he bought it, but it sounded good.) A week later he came home from work and when he walked inside the house there was what appeared to be white smoke filling the room and a thick layer of dust covering everything. Fearing some sort of fire, he rushed upstairs to find his wife. She was covered in white dust and very, very proud of herself, as she had used the new saw to chop out several walls. Of course, it never occurred to her that some of those walls might be supporting the attic, or that they had electric wires and plumbing in them. (She just missed cutting the plumbing, but she did cut off a number of wires.) Turned out to be the most expensive saw he ever bought.

LOL, Texas Jack. Wow.

Let it go Tboyce...you may win this battle, but you will lose the WAR. LOL

We've all grotesquely misused tools. This is a great opportunity to justify buying some nice sharpening stones :-)

Somehow this reminds of the guy who asked his best friend, while they were fishing: "If I go first, promise you won't let my wife sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it."