steelhawk

Crimson Trace Cmr-202 Light

A customer sent me his light for a holster. I didn't realize how large the thing was until I got it. The thing is almost two inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide and 1 1/4 inches high.

I can't make my normal style of OWB holster, using the trigger guard stitching to keep the gun from sliding down, since the light is so wide it prevents that.

My only solution so far is a wide body and a closed end with an added thumb break for retention.

Has anyone made a holster using this light?post-11930-0-34002100-1426372989_thumb.j

There are some threads on making a holster for similar setup. Here is one http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=61259&hl=%2Bholster+%2Bwith+%2Blight#entry395386

IMG 0533

IMG 0534

IMG 0535

I have done two with lights. I do only light hand molding, and use a Chicago screw so that the gun rests on it just under the barrel and above the light. have had no complaints so far.

Tony

I did one for my G23 with a TTLR1. It pretty much looks like the just above my post. The only difference is i didn't use a Chicago screw.

Thanks much. Using a Chicago screw is a good idea for something like this. It's easier than sewing the end shut.

plus its molded just enough that the whole weight of the gun is not resting on the screw. it just keeps it from wanting to push all the way through.

Tony

Troop, I really like your tac-light holster. I think it there would be a lot of interest if you did a post on it. I know that I'd be interested in getting a closer look.

I'm going to be making a couple in the upcoming weeks. i'll try to post some pics and details.

Tony

IIRC, G20 with CT Railmaster Pro. Looks to be really similar. Built the holster longer so I could run the stitch line under the laser for a shelf. Retention was better than expected. Could have done even better without the reinforcement and more molding if it was OWB.

42A97F8D-571D-474B-9AF8-8F30027735EF_zps