I presented this to my wife yesterday. We've had the silver and turquoise conchos and buckle for a while but the original belt had rotted away and they were now on a plan leather strap. I finally made something specifically for the conchos. I played with my geometric stamps until I found a combination that worked well with the conchos. This belt is just 3/4 inch wide so the design needed to be narrow. And to top it all of this is the first belt I've ever made. Not thrilled with the finish but it's OK for a first attempt.

post-15714-0-81231700-1429815426_thumb.jpost-15714-0-00897600-1429815448_thumb.jpost-15714-0-99961100-1429815471_thumb.jpost-15714-0-66220400-1429815494_thumb.j

Let me know any critiques or suggestions.

Bob

I started a floral one a long time ago, but I was working on a small table and the long length was awkward and a bit frustrating, so I never finished it. Now I have a real bench to work on, plus I'm about a hundred times more skilled than I was back then. Think I need to make myself a belt too.

I dig that pattern. And I am thinking hatband....I need a new straw and something like that might fit the ticket

Yes, I thought that would make a nice hatband too. The geometric is a Wayne Jueschke stamp and I think he makes that particular one in a smaller version, but he definitely makes other designs in the smaller version.

Nice job Bob. I really like the way the pattern blends in with the style of the conchos and buckle. Those conchos and buckle appear to be very old and nice. All together, they look great.

Bob

You did a great job on that Bob, I really like that pattern!

I really liked your belt. I made the mistake of showing it to my wife. Now she wants me to make her one. I told her I didn't have the conchos and she told me she'd help me find some she liked. Looks like I'd learn.