After learning that Tandy discontinued Neat Lac I called around to try and find some. The Oklahoma city store has a good supply left in quarts and pints. I bought 2 quarts thought that would last me a good long time. Just thought I would pas it on to anyone who just don't like to change like me. I get used to something and I don't want to try something new. I have tried the Bee Natural stuff with mixed results.

Randy

After learning that Tandy discontinued Neat Lac I called around to try and find some. The Oklahoma city store has a good supply left in quarts and pints. I bought 2 quarts thought that would last me a good long time. Just thought I would pas it on to anyone who just don't like to change like me. I get used to something and I don't want to try something new. I have tried the Bee Natural stuff with mixed results.

Randy

I'm curious as to why you don't like the Bee Natural RTC? It's so easy to use and seems to block well.

pete

Discontinued as in they aren't making it any more or discontinued as in Tandy isn't carrying it? I can't imagine working without it!

Johanna

I'm curious as to why you don't like the Bee Natural RTC? It's so easy to use and seems to block well.

pete

I had a piece that I was working on to take to a show. I was using RTC had a couple drops fall on the piece as I was applying and those drops stained the piece and would not come out. Ruined the piece for the show, throwed the bottle of RTC in the trash. I even called them to ask what I should do and they had no remedy. It was just like 2 water marks on the leather where the drops of RTC landed. And besides I am getting kinda hooked on the smell of the neat lac! :head_hurts_kr:

Discontinued as in they aren't making it any more or discontinued as in Tandy isn't carrying it? I can't imagine working without it!

Johanna

Discontinued as in not making it anymore, Johanna. Talked to Tandy today. Just came home after buying the last 5 gals in town! If you know somebody....better stock up!

Edited by hidepounder

What is the source of your information? A couple of years ago they said they were discontinuing Neat Lac, but they just changed the formula. It is different, but was still available. What is the current status?

Keith

Keith,

I called the local TLF here and asked the manager, whom I've gotten to know. He told me they are dropping Neat-Lac all together......I had him locate all the inventory in gallon size, here in Phoenix, and went and bought it. TLF is no longer going to carry Fiebings paste antique either.

In addition, I found out that Barge is discontinuing that particular line and have replaced it with two new products...which he showed to me, but knows nothing about yet. When I asked about Master, he told me he thought they would be forced to follow Barge or quit all together. Don't know how solid the info on Master is. It's all a Hazardous Material issue.

Bob

Edited by hidepounder

I had a piece that I was working on to take to a show. I was using RTC had a couple drops fall on the piece as I was applying and those drops stained the piece and would not come out. Ruined the piece for the show, throwed the bottle of RTC in the trash. I even called them to ask what I should do and they had no remedy. It was just like 2 water marks on the leather where the drops of RTC landed. And besides I am getting kinda hooked on the smell of the neat lac! :head_hurts_kr:

The trick with RTC is to NOT try putting it on thin. You use a sheepskin scrap and saturate it. Spill some extra on the piece. Smooth it out across the piese, FAST. You only have a few soconds to do this. A thick coat, put on fast makes a great finish. A thin coat neatly put on slow will make a spotty mess. Do a final pass with dry sheepskin. When it starts getting sticky, stop, you are done.

Aaron