kevinamc

Singer 111W155 Bobbin Issues

Hey everyone,

just started doing some sewing on my day off and I'm finding when i try to bring the bobbin thread up through with the needle it doesn't wind properly and wraps around the bobbin case it is super frustrating and i can't figure out whats going on. I also noticed that my bottom stitch acts up occasionally and bulks up or doesn't complete at all, i am thinking the issues are related. Just looking for some advice so i can get back to working. Thanks for your time!

Kevin

I´m on the run - just a few fast hints....

You first have to remove the bobbin case and remove all the jammed thread from the hook era and reinstall it.

Do you have a manual for your machine? Have you threaded the machine correctly and insert the bobbin correctly thread should come off the bobbin from the left side.

Have you checked the needle bar hight and timing of your machine? Your needle bar has timing marks (hopefully). Upper mark is for needle bar at BDC and the lower mark for the point where the hook tip should meet the needle scarf and grab the loop of the upper thread.

For a quick aid download the manual for a Consew 227 - this is a different machine but the technical instructions are very good and are almost the same as for your Singer 111w155

have to run - sorry

Edited by Constabulary

thanks for the info! ill have to investigate the removal and installation of the bobbin case as everything else appears to be in order. is it a difficult job?

Try taking the bobbin out(so the thread is out of the way)unthread the needle too,put some oil all the way around the outer part of the bobbin case & it might loosen up w/o having to take it apart.You might need to take the belt off so you can rock the handwheel back & forth.

When you first started did you hold onto the needle thread to get the bobbin thread through the feed dog ?

Thats much better :spoton:

thanks for the info! ill have to investigate the removal and installation of the bobbin case as everything else appears to be in order. is it a difficult job?

You just have to remove 2 screws - don´t lose em - better take a magnetic screw driver

post-31854-0-14172400-1437988052_thumb.j

Thats much better :spoton:

You just have to remove 2 screws - don´t lose em - better take a magnetic screw driver

attachicon.gifIMG_0839.JPG

Thanks a million for the info! you have all been a huge help in getting me back behind the machine

So i have removed the 2 screws that are pictured above, and the plate appears to move left and right fine but i cannot life it out of the machine. Where am i going wrong here?

thanks in advance!

remove the needle plate and lift the small lever grab it and turn the boobin case little bit and sooner or later you have it.

Good chance to remove lint or dirt under the needle plate when you see some ;)

Edited by Constabulary

Hey again everyone been busy with other things and just got back to this, should i literally be lifting it out of the machine? should i be removing the hook that is secured by a flathead screw on the right side of the opening to the bobbin case?