JerseyFirefighter

First Commissioned Dog Collar

So I got the opportunity to make a custom dog collar. I am really pleased with the way this one turned out. I really wish I was able to line the inside to conceal the rivets, but the dome rivet placement kept me from it. Turns out I rather prefer making collars over most firefighter stuff. Anyway, here she is.

d0gh2l1.jpg

IQjGMzt.jpgMzKIroZ.jpg

That is areal beauty! The dog that wears that will hold its head high with pride. :thumbsup:

very nice work. You can see where a few of the rivets are out of line but overall good job.

My only concern is the d ring on the back. Where it's only on with 4 rivets, depending on the size and strength of the dog, a few good rushes and it could pull that off the main body of the collar. I would have either sewn it on or made that part as the main part with all the hardware and then added the backing with the domed rivets as a padding. Then you could have rolled the edges under the main body and hide the rivets.

Just something to think about

very nice work. You can see where a few of the rivets are out of line but overall good job.

My only concern is the d ring on the back. Where it's only on with 4 rivets, depending on the size and strength of the dog, a few good rushes and it could pull that off the main body of the collar. I would have either sewn it on or made that part as the main part with all the hardware and then added the backing with the domed rivets as a padding. Then you could have rolled the edges under the main body and hide the rivets.

Just something to think about

Thanks for the input. I think the problem I had with the dome rivets were the close proximity, which would spread further as the collar was formed around the neck. Future similar designs will be spaced a little further apart so there is no compression against the rivets. The two rivets around the D ring are chicago screws threadlocked in. Theyve held pretty well on a collar my 85lb Doberman has worn for the past 2 years and man does he pull sometimes.

ok, they looked like rivets, that is why I was concerned as they will work loose over time but since they are chicago screws, shouldn't be an issue

Really a nice looking, beautifully tailored Collar ---Wild Bill46

Really nice collar