Instinctive

Para-Cord Stitched Knife Sheath

Just got mu new custom Sable necker knife from Triple X Knives (www.xxxknives.com). Decided to experiment with a para-cord stitched neck pouch sheath. Four computer aided designs later I settled on this. Going to be trying more of these I think.

post-58588-0-44772100-1441634592_thumb.j

post-58588-0-85529200-1441634592_thumb.j

I'm not a big fan of neck knife sheaths, but it looks like you did a fine job. Did you glue under the stitches?

I'm not a big fan of neck knife sheaths, but it looks like you did a fine job. Did you glue under the stitches?

Not sure I like the neck idea either but since it sort of looks like a holster I figure I can put a longer cross body cord on it and tuck it under my arm.

The pieces are glues with water based contact cement. All the holes were punched before gluing.

Thanks for the answer, and again nice job.

Also not a neck knife fan but i really like what you did there.

Thanks for posting this. I like paracord and have given some thought to trying to mix paracord with leather. Your project looks great and puts me in the mood to try mixing the two.

I am one of the dissenters who likes a neck knife; however mine is a CRKT dogfish and appears to be much thinner.

Thanks again for posting.

Neck knives have their use and simply adding a belt clip could turn it into a nice boot knife or wherever you want to carry it. Shortening the para cord and adding a snap hook wouldn't hurt. This way you can have a strap for the neck or one for over the shoulder, or simply hang it from your vest or backpack or whatever. Besides that, the sheath looks good to me.