Dan28

1911 Shoulder Holster Made From Scraps

I wanted a shoulder holster for my 1911. Made this on a whim rather quickly with scrap leather I had around. Just use it when I'm hunting and such. The back butterfly piece is tooled with a basket weave because I had a section in my scrap box from when I practiced the basket weave. A couple things I wish I had done differently but I got in a hurry as I wanted to use it before the weekend. I guess technically it isn't finished, as I want to make some elastic and leather straps that connect to a belt on each side, but I didn't have any elastic.

med_gallery_53023_2281_146584.jpg

gallery_53023_2281_2006679.jpg

gallery_53023_2281_1698772.jpg

gallery_53023_2281_533040.jpg

Looks good Dan.

Very nice, How does it feel when on and with Mags and the 1911?

Thanks Rohn.

mlapaglia, I probably walked about 3 to 4 miles while wearing it this past weekend and it felt fine for the most part. I think I may shorten the lower straps by about an inch or two and then maybe readjust the top two straps as I think I would like it to ride a little higher on my torso. It balances out pretty well with the two full mags versus my 1911. For reference, my 1911 is a Colt XSE Lightweight, the frame is made from aluminum alloy. My mags are Wilson Combat 8 round mags. This is the only shoulder rig I've ever tried on, so I don't know exactly how it rides in comparison to a professionally made one. I have a CCW and did wear it in the shoulder rig today under a motorcycle jacket.

Very nice

I like it!

Very nice especially since it's made from scrap leather. I never have any pieces in my scrap box big enough to be useful for anything other than small pieces. Looks great, nice work.

Stu

Dan, I am going to try and make a shoulder holster for my Colt commander. Do you have any advice on doing one? Or a pattern that you can send me?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

VP

Dan, I am going to try and make a shoulder holster for my Colt commander. Do you have any advice on doing one? Or a pattern that you can send me?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

VP

Ditto on that,,,

Will buy a pattern, want to make a shoulder rig for my Para

That's cool, man! I like it. Can I ask which dyes/finishes you used? I like the look, especially on the mag carrier. Looks like a comfy rig!

Tanner