victorl

Using Wrinkled And Marked Leather

I've got a bunch of leftover leather that is wrinkled/marked that I couldn't use for my other projects, so I was wondering if I could get some ideas on how to use it. I've seen some very nice looking wallets and other things made with wrinkled leather and I'd like to see some more examples if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Victor I've made guitar straps that I wrinkled on purpose. I don't know how long your leather is though. You can make distressed pouches, and like you said wallets, bracelets, anything you can make with smooth leather. Cheryl

personally I look at wrinkled leather as giving a product with character, something you won't find in off the shelf products you get at walmart et al.

I like when my leather has scars and such, like Halitech stated gives it character. Just use your imagination and you will be surprise what you come up with.

Being a poor person, I never knock back leather just because of wrinkles and marks.

As already been said, there's a lot of character in there. One of my favourite purses I made using very badly wrinkled and stained leather.

I strip paint from wood as my main job, and I always tell my customers that the 'faults' and marks on the finished door or stair is the result of 'the patina of centuries'.

Frankly, if you aren't carving or tooling it, distressed leather gives a piece great character. I'm saving one that has an S brand on it for something special for Self.