I've been making some basic card wallets of my own design. Please let me know what you think. I'd be happy to receive any critiques, tips, pointers, etc.post-68836-0-90988400-1454540750_thumb.j

Looks good, practice practice practice. Always try to make your next piece better than your last. Bring the stitch line closer to the edge. Its way too far from it. A good general rule of thumb is to make the stitch line the same distance as the thickness of the leather. So if the leather is 4mm thick mark your stitch line 4mm from the edge.

Thank you. That's really helpful. I assume that applies the same for when it's folded over like mine, or when two pieces meet. If one piece is, say, 2mm and the other piece is 2mm, then mark the stitch at 4mm, correct?

I usually go with the thickest piece of leather so if I'm joining an 8oz (3.2mm) and a 6oz (2.4mm) then I will go in 3mm

On the bottom right where your stitch line ends, you should stop your stitch grove as well. And on the upper right where you start, continue into the single layer, it will help prevent tearing on that corner.

I agree with the comments. If you get the stitching closer to the edge you can loop the thread around the edge to help resist stress at that point. If you do that, burnish first as the thread will get in the way. Looking forward to more examples of your work!

Thank you all for the helpful comments. I will definitely put them to good use as I continue practicing with more projects.