Colt W Knight

Jumping Horse Leather Purse With Copper Accents

I ordered some blue deer hide leather, and I was not satisfied with the color. After playing around with some different color combinations, I thought I would do a little bit of a rustic look and used antiqued copper accents and a two tone black and blue color scheme. I really like the way the tooling and purse in general turned out. I don't believe I will be ordering blue deer again, the color just isn't even across the hide, and the hides themselves don't seem as nice as all the turquoise, red, black deer hides Ive bought.

20160223_020456_zpszf0ovded.jpg

20160223_020504_zpsgfw75qlo.jpg

20160223_020537_zpsdn97tanz.jpg

20160223_020523_zpsnuxwz09j.jpg

20160223_020541_zpskcl3s6pq.jpg

I see what you mean about the color variations but I still think the finished product turned out pretty nice. I really like your interior too.

Very nice! I'm a fan of copper hardware and accents!

Thanks yall

I think I'll be using more copper hardware in the future

Edited by Colt W Knight

Thanks yall

Huh, you might not like that blue much, but it goes great with that paisley cloth and stands out great with the copper accents!

Looks nice from this end too ! In this application, all elements are coordinated nicely together !

you've done well ! ---- Wild Bill46

I went to Lowes and bought the 1" Brass D-rings. I went to age the finish to help match the copper, and they were simply brass coated. The etching solution removed all the brass and left a bright nickel finish. I left them in the solution a little longer and etched the nickel to give them an aged look. Its such a small part of the project, it doesn't stand out, but still it was an irritation. If I had extra d-rings, I would have like to cut one open to see what color the metal was on the inside. I am sure it was a cheap pot metal.