Striver

$1500 To Spend And I Need Some Suggestions

Hello everyone,

I have been handstitching my leather which is 10oz to 120z(heaviest i would use) for some time now and business is picking up. I am really considering a machine that would sew 10-12oz leather, i have $1500 to spend cash or I could finance and pay up to $75 a month. I was considering the cowboy machines. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!!!!

You need to get a hold of Nick-O sewing Machines LLC, ask for Nick. 1-800-526-4256. He and his brother Hunter are busy guys but they will contact you ASAP. OMG, they got in several great new machines and had added a Leather Kit to each of them; something you don't see anywhere else. I cannot begin to tell you what all they have but will tell you they'll do their best to find what you you're wanting. Just so you know, the cost to get it to your front door is a few hundred $$$ plus. But it's worth a try.

I get no kick back but tell them Shanon from Edmond, OK suggested you call them. I had just spoke to him yesterday. I thought I was going to drive Nick crazy but he Hung in there for me.

I know you won't regret it; they have great feedback and reviews. They also have a few items on eBay which is why I contacted him to begin with. Good luck and hope you're sewing like wildfire soon.

Blessings,

Shanon

Edited by GiGis Gist

Hello everyone,

I have been handstitching my leather which is 10oz to 120z(heaviest i would use) for some time now and business is picking up. I am really considering a machine that would sew 10-12oz leather, i have $1500 to spend cash or I could finance and pay up to $75 a month. I was considering the cowboy machines. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!!!!

If you will be sewing thicknesses between 6 and 32 ounces, using thread sizes #138 - #346, a Cowboy CB3200 may be the perfect machine for you. It sells for a little more than what you wanted to pay, but it's worth it. It can sew with thread as thin as #92 and as heavy as #415. But, 10 - 12 ounce jobs are usually sewn with #207 thread, which is very strong. That's what I use on bridle leather belts.

Sorry Wiz, ...You are correct about that. ...should have thought of that one first; it a no brainer; that and a Cobra.

Call Cowboy Bob- At Toledo. CB 3200. $1740.00 delivered (my zip code). Thread of your choice, extra bobbins, etc. Set up and adjusted, oiled ready to go...I bolted the head on to the table- watched Bob's threading the machine video about three times...I was sewing in less than 2 hours...AWESOME!

When buying heavy machinery, buying local has its benefits. Paying for shipping does not really add value to your machine, it just adds value to UPS and increases your risk of having a machine damaged in transit.

You have the Cobra folks right outside L.A. and a few other local vendors within L.A. (Zamir, etc.) I'd spend a day visiting all of them to check out their offerings and the vibes you get from the folks.

Being able to pick up a machine in person locally (and take it back in for service if need be) is a big deal and has value. Take some samples of your materials and have them demo their machine sewing it. New machines are nice if you can afford them, for sure, sometimes a good used machine will be the perfect match for your needs.

Ah, details. I didn't look, LA! Should be many options.

Of course Uwe is correct. (I forget that not everyone lives in a state of just 3M people- more or less)