Chuck has passed, quietly in his sleep. This was seen on Cas City.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,57395.0.html

A nicer man you will never meet, RIP Chuck and condolences to his family.

Art

Thanks Red Cent for the update, . . . sorry to hear that.

May God bless,

Dwight

Sad news indeed.  If you've seen Chuck's DVDs on sheaths or holsters, you know what a great talent he really was.  He not only made some beautiful leatherwork and knives, he was very knowledgeable about historic knives, holsters, sheaths, and the techniques for making them.

I asked him a simple question on-line one day about a problem I was having.  Next thing I knew, we were on the phone for several hours as he walked me through not only "what" to do, but "why to do it that way".  That was the first of many phone calls over the years and I cannot begin to tell you how much help he was in guiding me.  Chuck was a great guy, a great artist, and will be sorely missed.

RIP, Old Friend.

Thanks Redcent. 

RIP Chuck. 

He was a very knowledgeable man when it came to old style techniques and that period life in general and did amazing work both in leather, beading, and knife making. Was always finding time to help young or beginning craftsman learn and figure out techniques, answering questions and providing insight. I hope his books and dvds will continue to be offered to future craftsman to pass on his wealth of knowledge.  

I'm terribly sad to hear this, his work inspired me to try my hand at this hobby.

R.I.P. Mr. Burrows