vmi

ADler 204 sewing machine

I have an adler 204 serial number k204990007   I am considering selling  complete machine including table in good condition, located in Paris Texas any suggestions on value of this machine

thanks

I have an adler 204 serial number k204990007   I am considering selling  complete machine including table in good condition, located in Paris Texas any suggestions on value of this machine

thanks

I paid about $700 for an Adler 204, complete, back in 2010. You should be able to get at least that much, cash and carry.

What is the exact model number, i.e.  like a 204-370, 204-64, etc. ?  Knowing that we can get you a better price depending on the model.

glenn

Wiz did pretty well to get one for $700, I'd have thought even the basic model would be worth more.  But to sell it you'll need to indicate its model number, that will then tell people for example,  if its a needle feed machine or perhaps a compound feed model.

An original Durkopp Adler 204 in good (as in "nice") condition both mechanically and cosmetically wouldn't leave Garden City for under $1500, but that's just me. Of course some people's definition of "good" is just few screws away from "for parts only". 

A picture or two sure would help a lot in determining potential value.

Thanks all attached are pictures

IMG_0254[7150].JPG

IMG_0265[7151].JPG

IMG_0267[7152].JPG

You might want to retake ( using "flash" ) the two that are blurry..

My recollection is that the -64 is the needle feed version, but others will know more and will confirm either way.    A very good machine!!

Wiz did pretty well to get one for $700, I'd have thought even the basic model would be worth more.  But to sell it you'll need to indicate its model number, that will then tell people for example,  if its a needle feed machine or perhaps a compound feed model.

The 204-64 does not have a walking foot, but does have bottom (drop) feed and needle feed. The foot has a long slot down the middle to allow the needle to move forward and backward. It can sew with very heavy bonded thread and is a good machine for sewing anything that is flat on top and at least 3/16" thick (12 ounces). It has a barrel bobbin that holds lots of thread. I am not sure about the needle system the -64 uses. I read one ad claiming that they use system 328 needles and can sew up to 5/8 inch of leather. These needles are usually only available in leather point in sizes starting at #23 (160). This limits the smallest thread to #138. To use smaller thread would require using ball point needles.

$700 is a very reasonable price, especially if there are a bunch of needles and bobbins going with it.. It all depends on the expectations of the buyer and type of work he or she wants to sew. This is a great flatbed stitcher for single top layer projects without big steps up or down.

What you end up getting for the machine depends on a lot of factors (condition, accessories, location, shipping cost, market - is there a buyer ready, able, and willing at all?) Sometimes a perfectly good machine will not sell because everybody who wants one already has one. People who buy machines intended for resale generally pay much less than what you could potentially get from an end user.

Another LW member managed to sell a pristine, like-new Durkopp Adler 204-64 a few years back for just over $2K, it appears. If you want more than $700 for yours, you'll have to step up your photography game. Blurry pictures do not help your case for getting top dollar for your machine.

Edited by Uwe

Needle wise, the last one I had was set up with a 214/216 (singer 45K, 132K6) needle.

My recollection is that the -64 is the needle feed version, but others will know more and will confirm either way.    A very good machine!!

Didn't the Old-timers call the -64 needle-feed style a "jump foot" machine?

CD in Oklahoma

Thanks to all of you. Itis a needle feed machine that uses what appears to be a dyx- 23 and other sizes

Didn't the Old-timers call the -64 needle-feed style a "jump foot" machine?

CD in Oklahoma

Don't think so, the Singer 132K6 was loosely called a walking foot machine but was actually a jump foot, ie the foot would follow the material back thru friction and then lift and jump forward via spring and drop down again on the material.   Not strictly a walking foot as it didn't actually mechanically feed the material, but did reduce top drag.