megganpowell

Found a Video Worth Sharing

I found this while browsing Youtube and thought I'd share. He gives a really concise and helpful explanation of the different leather types. Maybe I'm just a leather nerd...

Though aimed at upholstery products this is a VERY clear presentation of how to understand the various grades of hides, their full production and, dare I say, how to check that hide is as good as the salesman says it is.

We use slightly different terms here in the UK but every part of the process is exactly the same . . this guy is to be congratulated for the work he put into this excellent lesson.  Ace!

Thanks for sharing Meggan . .

. . . can I say it's a bit strange to my UK "tastes" but the Chesterfield sofa in the background shows a high degree of hand-finishing . . not sure I could live with it though.  :wacko:

Great information. Thanks.

Very interesting and informative video - wish he would have explained Latigo leather - or is this essentially the same as oil tanned?

Good Video!  I think most of us are, as you said, " leather nerds " !

I liked watching the video. Even though it is mostly about upholstery leather, which I use some times.

It is very informative ! Thanks for posting.

That was really helpful.  It taught me something about the kinds of leathers I don't normally use.  Thanks for posting!