TinkerTailor

Msg to all users and mods: "Way to go team."

Attention all members and mods:

I am or have been a member of dozens of forums over decades, and I can not think of one that is policed by both the mods and the users better than this one. Spam just does not exist here. It is caught in seconds by the users, frequently corrected by them verbally, and then properly corrected by the mods immediately if it continues. This is awesome. Even on the old software we had some battles fighting off bots, but the site is clean. No useless ad crap to wade through.

In addition the quality of the information, and help posted for newbies with questions is top notch. People innocently post wrong info or make a mistake are dealt with extremely respectfully. Disrespect does not fly here. We have become known on other forums for the quality of our advice and discussion, and our willingness to help. Many people with old non-leather sewing machines get sent here with their problems from other forums because there is no other place that has the info and is willing to help.

The tone has been set in stone. "We invited you to our coffee table for a cup of Joe, not to sell us stuff partner."

Thanks to all the users who care and the Mods who back us up. It is appreciated greatly. We all should be proud of ourselves.

Now pour yourself a cup of the good stuff and enjoy. I know I am.

Agreed.

Hear hear!!!

I agree, this place has made a big difference in me being able to enjoy what I do as a hobby and make a little money as well.