AussieMade

Celtic Inspired Wrist Cuff

My Partners latest and second project. Whats your thought on how much something like this could be worth? its 5mm Brown veg tan. All hand tooled, Riveted jewel concho's  

Critique Welcome. 

Thanks

IMG_9481.JPG

IMG_9482.JPG

Edited by AussieMade

How much did the conchos cost?  i would say off hand with out knowing the cost i would say and easy 80 to 90 dollars

4 minutes ago, Windrider30 said:

How much did the conchos cost?  i would say off hand with out knowing the cost i would say and easy 80 to 90 dollars

WOW really that much?

Surprisingly the conchos only cost $4.50aud each and the diamond rivets cost a total of $2.10aud, the leather was from a scrap bag bin at the local supplier, so not much money actually went into it.  Time taken to make it was about 2hrs as it was my partners second project she has completed. It was also a new rope stamp, so she was taking her time getting the hang of stamping it straight,

22 hours ago, AussieMade said:

WOW really that much?

Surprisingly the conchos only cost $4.50aud each and the diamond rivets cost a total of $2.10aud, the leather was from a scrap bag bin at the local supplier, so not much money actually went into it.  Time taken to make it was about 2hrs as it was my partners second project she has completed. It was also a new rope stamp, so she was taking her time getting the hang of stamping it straight,

Yep even now knowing the price of the gear i would still sell it for between 80 to 90 no lower than 75 it is that nice and would sell pretty easy i think

48 minutes ago, Windrider30 said:

Yep even now knowing the price of the gear i would still sell it for between 80 to 90 no lower than 75 it is that nice and would sell pretty easy i think

My partner says "Thanks", we didn't think it would be worth anywhere near that much :)

I should have some of my work posted again soon, Just had to wait till my finger got better after trying to cut it off a couple of weeks back, still can't work the needles all that well at the moment. 

Hard to say the value from the pics shown. I think that the edges could do with a bit better burnishing or edging as I think it looks a bit hairy there. Other than that I think looks pretty good.Regards Brian

4 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Hard to say the value from the pics shown. I think that the edges could do with a bit better burnishing or edging as I think it looks a bit hairy there. Other than that I think looks pretty good.Regards Brian

yeah, needs another touch up on the edges, I used glycerin and leather conditioner, looked good when I first done it, now its getting a bit fury again. Thinking I didn't rub it long enough with the burnisher ( I done the edges for her, but it was late at night, so I blame that lol), 

if things are selling that high down under, I'm in the wrong country. Even at 25.00 worth of supplies, it wouldn't go for any more then 30.00 up here and even then, you'd be waiting for the right person for a while. Not saying it's not nice work but the market would never support that price

21 minutes ago, Halitech said:

if things are selling that high down under, I'm in the wrong country. Even at 25.00 worth of supplies, it wouldn't go for any more then 30.00 up here and even then, you'd be waiting for the right person for a while. Not saying it's not nice work but the market would never support that price

I have sold more then a few bracelets ranging from 30 to 90 dollars, really depends on the details and yeah you might end up holding on to it for a little bit, but even figuring in "storage" you would still make more then enough money off the bracelet even if it is at 75 to 90, its about marketing and knowing who you are selling to, their disposable income and all that good jazz.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:31 AM, Windrider30 said:

I have sold more then a few bracelets ranging from 30 to 90 dollars, really depends on the details and yeah you might end up holding on to it for a little bit, but even figuring in "storage" you would still make more then enough money off the bracelet even if it is at 75 to 90, its about marketing and knowing who you are selling to, their disposable income and all that good jazz.

The area we are in probably wouldn't sell for that much probably only $40-$50, If I can get business closer to the city we could probably get about $60-$70 possible I think.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Some interesting things to consider that's for sure.

Value is aaaaallll about the market you sell to. Some people will pay that, some won't.

Good effort from the missus!

1 hour ago, Wedgetail said:

Value is aaaaallll about the market you sell to. Some people will pay that, some won't.

Good effort from the missus!

Yep exactly.

And yep I agree. I think I will leave the decorative stuff to her and I will build the products lol.

1 hour ago, AussieMade said:

Yep exactly.

And yep I agree. I think I will leave the decorative stuff to her and I will build the products lol.

Solid plan! Hahaha 

It's all about teamwork!