the gafer

Loading pics off a phone

Hi guys not been on for a while and have no laptop so how do I load pics from my phone it says file too big all the time

I use a free app called photo resizer. I used to load them on facebook and then download them to my phone. That would reduce them for me, but they were always a little blurry.

You can also change the photo settings on your phone's camera to a smaller resolution such as 640 x 480, or something similar. It won't help your old photos but your new pictures will post.

It depends on the phone, but you didn't say what kind of phone it was.

If it's a smartphone then try emailing it to yourself first.  Some phones will ask whether to send the attached photo full size, medium, or small.

If it's a smartphone and that doesn't work then look for an app in the app store to resize.

If it's not a smartphone, then plug it into a computer or send via Bluetooth to a computer and resize it there.  A web search for your editor (or a free photo editor) will give you the answers you need.

800 or 1024 pixels wide are good settings.  Reduces files size, reduces server storage requirements, reduces upload time, and reduces the download time while viewing.  For people on the fringes of the internet, it really helps to keep file sizes down.

Tom