Sign in to follow this  
Greybeard

Pirate Seat

Just Finished this seat. The Lacing (First Time for Mexican Basket Weave) took me 7 Hrs LOL, there has to be an easier way.

Resisted w/ Neatolac. Painted Design w Eco-flo colors. Then Antiqued w/ eco-flo Saddle Tan. And finished it of with a couple of coats (lightly applied) of Febings Leather Balm w/ Atom Wax. Then Buffed with Wool

l_72935da150864f6a835ee182267af3a9.jpg

l_6c733256d22e498aaf050e1f37239902.jpg

l_24f6ac7175eb4133a9b76e84dc8a2ad5.jpg

l_3dae898c20bd4b84ad1197b2512a3828.jpg

:whatdoyouthink:

Edited by Greybeard

That mexican round is slow at first but it gets quicker each time, I use it on almost all my seats, got it down to about 2 hours now.

Nice seat, the carving is really cool!!!

Tom

nice job man..love the color on it , real rich!

Thanks. Yea, I like the warm Hue it gives off, It is Eco-Flo Saddle Tan Antique Gel

That mexican round is slow at first but it gets quicker each time, I use it on almost all my seats, got it down to about 2 hours now.

Cool, I was getting worried cuz I like it a lot too, and will I defiantly try to perfect this for future projects. Ever seen a Two Tone Mexican Basket Weave?

Nice seat, the carving is really cool!!!

Tom

Thanks Tom! Its a Old Piece of Tattoo Flash.

Nice work man I love the design.

Very nice Greybeard. The detail is really nice. I'm with you on Mexican round; it takes a long time but it sure looks nice.

Butch

Ive seen that tattoo flash before, always thought it would make a good seat, and it did! Great job. You got that eco flo antique to look good, thats tough to do.

Looks good, nice job! Keep us posted on how those eco-flow products hold up against moisture/rain.

Edited by bustedlifter

Looks good, nice job! Keep us posted on how those eco-flow products hold up against moisture/rain.

Yeah that is a very interesting question. What did you finish it off with as a sealer?

Check out Bruce Grants braiding book for twotone mexican if you can't find a tutorial on the net, I've heard the two tone is easier to work with and it's not hard to follow in the book but as usual with Bruces illustrations....does the man know how to cover a corner or splicing two ends together??? or is that planned for his next book?

Tom

Nice work man I love the design.

Thanks, I got a million tattoo designs (probably true)!

Very nice Greybeard. The detail is really nice. I'm with you on Mexican round; it takes a long time but it sure looks nice.

Butch

That's very cool.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank You :)

Ive seen that tattoo flash before, always thought it would make a good seat, and it did! Great job. You got that eco flo antique to look good, thats tough to do.
Yeah that is a very interesting question. What did you finish it off with as a sealer?

I used the Eco-Flo Antique then Applied the Fibbrings Leather Balm (w/ Atom Wax) <--Sounds like a 60's Add LOL! It picked up Some of the Antique And left a more smooth finish. I didn't rub hard but just basically dabbed it on and lightly ran the wool back and forth. I let it dry, then I buffed it with a piece of dry wool. I is now pretty slick and, I assume, water repellant. Took a white t-shirt rag and rubbed it to see if any thing would come off, Nadda. So, Hopfully good.

Check out Bruce Grants braiding book for twotone mexican if you can't find a tutorial on the net, I've heard the two tone is easier to work with and it's not hard to follow in the book but as usual with Bruces illustrations....does the man know how to cover a corner or splicing two ends together??? or is that planned for his next book?

Tom

I Just picked up this book, The lacing of two-tone basket weave looks easer than the single color. Cant wait to try it :)

Looks great man and like many others that have come before me, i really like that design.

I've all so been wondering about the eco-flo on a seat. If it will hold up or not. Now we'll know, thanks !!