Sign in to follow this  
catskin

Mercury M- 280 L

Did a search and can't find much info. on a Mercury  M-280L machine. Does anyone have one? And what can it do? Seller says it is compound feed ( that's good ) and says it will sew up to 3/8 inch. Is this right?  Is it a copy  of a more commonly known machine  Singer, Adler, etc. ?

Edited by catskin

Edited previous post to correct a mistake.

Edited by catskin
Was able to edit previous post.

I have not heard good things about mercury sewing machines but that isnt always saying much. 

I would think its the same as a nakajima 280l which is like the national machines. I had a similar question about a nakajima machine and Uwe posted a good comparison chart to juki. Do a search for a juki du-241h and see if your machine looks like it. 

Edited by MADMAX22

Yes,Max is right it's like a DU-214H also look up Nakajima 280,WMC used to sell them using that Mercury name.

I just found the old price sheet from 1994 & we used to buy them for $450.00 for the head & always bought extra gears since the ones the factory put in them usually broke soon if they jammed it up.It has a large-bobbin,walking foot & reverse.