Picked up another new machine yesterday. Have been wanting a post bed for awhile. Hopefully I didn't get screwed because I really couldn't find this machine anywhere in this configuration. All the 229 versions I could find online all have the roller feed. This one is a walking foot triple feed that amazingly enough doesn't mark the chrome tanned I'm planning on using it for. Sews real nice as is but the new servo motor and speed reducer are on order. It reminded me real quick why I hate clutch motors! Anyway, paid $1500 for it with a very nice table, k legs custom top and while I don't want it, a new clutch motor. Guess if I'm happy with it and it works all is good but hopefully I didn't pay too much for it. Curious for some opinions.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Congratulations on your new arrival! Looks like a very nice, capable machine in good condition and in a beautiful table top. Lots of Seiko goodness in that vintage period of Consew machines. It'll be worth every penny if it does what you need it to do.

Now that is nice! I haven't seen a post bed walking foot before. Other than the paint being worn off the baseplate it looks to be in very good condition. I've given up using my Singer post bed (roller wheel) because it's too easy to deflect the needles and break them! A walking foot, however, would be real nice to have...

Thanks guys, your making me feel better about the $1500. So far my only complaint with the machine is the small bobbin size and that inner presser foot is not split in the front so every time I change thread I have to use an awl to pull the thread threw the presser foot before pulling up the bobbin thread. So along with the new servo motor and speed reducer I have a new set of smooth bottom presser feet with a split inner foot on its way. The small bobbin...oh well, just have to deal with that one.

29 minutes ago, Mark842 said:

Thanks guys, your making me feel better about the $1500. So far my only complaint with the machine is the small bobbin size and that inner presser foot is not split in the front so every time I change thread I have to use an awl to pull the thread threw the presser foot before pulling up the bobbin thread. So along with the new servo motor and speed reducer I have a new set of smooth bottom presser feet with a split inner foot on its way. The small bobbin...oh well, just have to deal with that one.

You can cut a slot in the front of the presser foot, round off the edges and polish a bit.  Easy fix.

Tom

Or just thread it thru the presser foot before pulling up the bobbin thread, or just pull up bobbin thread then grab that and pull the top thread thru the foot. Its not overly difficult.

Nice looking machine by the way, Looks like a very useful one hope it serves ya well. 

3 hours ago, northmount said:

You can cut a slot in the front of the presser foot, round off the edges and polish a bit.  Easy fix.

Tom

Yep, thought about doing that and then I found I could get a new set with a smooth bottom and the split for $10.

23 minutes ago, MADMAX22 said:

Or just thread it thru the presser foot before pulling up the bobbin thread, or just pull up bobbin thread then grab that and pull the top thread thru the foot. Its not overly difficult.

Nice looking machine by the way, Looks like a very useful one hope it serves ya well. 

Yeah, I'm sure I would get used to it over time. I have 3 other machines that all have a split foot so that's just what I'm used to. I've been doing it by pulling it back down with the bobbin thread. It's just trying to get my fat fingers to fit under the 7/16" lift and I know, I can easily grab it with a tool of some sort...once again, just what I'm used to. Did a bunch of sewing with it today and it sews like a champ.

Yeah I understand. My 441 has the toe cut out, my 111w doesnt although planning on cutting out the toe on that thing just so I can see where the needle is going to hit.