Kovant

How to do lap point

Hi

I wont to do bags with lap points (similars to the photo), I'm trying to do them but it's very difficult  to stitch them because I don't know how to hold the leather when I've done the first "stitching line". 

I've been looking for some video for a long time but I've haven't found what I'm looking for.

Anyone knows how can I do this?

Thank you very much.

IMG_0172.JPG

I'm guessing a machine with a long throat, but I don't have a machine, so I'm guessing!

use double sided tape or glue the pieces together first. Then punch/stitch

I agree with Halitec. I've seen many people use seam tape with good success as a temporary hold for things like this. Double sided tape works ok too, as does contact cement. However, contact cement is pretty heavy duty and you'd have to be extra sure if your placement before stitching, I'm sure you already know that haha. 

As a matter of fact you can search Tanner's bond tape and that should bring up the product I'm thinking of. It's relatively cheap as well. Maybe someone else here has used it before and can enlighten us on how well it works?