ByNelson

Another Belt... followed the edges guide!

So my father in law needed a new belt for an upcoming celebration, I did my best and followed the edges guide from Bob Park, and I must say ..it is worth it... I love the way it looks and feels, so glad I found it... 

IMG_7105.JPG

Looks good. Did you finish the keeper edges? It's hard for me to tell. I have to make one up here soon myself for my father in law. He's been using the same belt for the last million years and it's cracked and needs replaced. I really like that you stitched the buckle and keeper in too

Looks good. Did you finish the keeper edges? It's hard for me to tell. I have to make one up here soon myself for my father in law. He's been using the same belt for the last million years and it's cracked and needs replaced. I really like that you stitched the buckle and keeper in too

Yes all edges was done both the keepers and the sides. I like to stitch them, so everything is firm in place :) I do sometimes use copper rivets and that sort of thing, but the stitches just look so nice .. :) 

looking forward to see what you come up with :) 

Really great job.

Yes all edges was done both the keepers and the sides. I like to stitch them, so everything is firm in place :) I do sometimes use copper rivets and that sort of thing, but the stitches just look so nice .. :) 

looking forward to see what you come up with :) 

I prefer stitching too. I have nothing against rivets or Chicago screws though. Just prefer stitching on that kind of belt.

Very nice work! I wouldn't mind a closer shot of just the edges. :)

Good job!  The edges really did turn out nice and the stitching looks good too!  Stitching that buckle on, the traditional way and finishing the edges like you did, demonstrates your desire to produce work with a focus on hand-made craftsmanship.  Thanks for sharing! 

On 7/5/2017 at 0:38 PM, Basically Bob said:

Good job!  The edges really did turn out nice and the stitching looks good too!  Stitching that buckle on, the traditional way and finishing the edges like you did, demonstrates your desire to produce work with a focus on hand-made craftsmanship.  Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks Bob, means a lot  :)

And I must say I love "old school" just a shame I don't know any "old master" who could guide me, I would love that...

But I try my best.... working on a bag right now, and for the first time ever I'm only using a pricking wheel and an awl, and I just love it, gives me a freedom with the project I haven't had before  :)

5 hours ago, Bonecross said:

I'd be proud to wear such a finely crafted belt!

Thanks I'm so happy you like it :)