Uwe

Convertible Sewing Machine Stand

Having built my share of flatbed table attachments and sewing machine stands, I was duly impressed by the convertible sewing machine stand the French company Echo Positif (http://www.echo-positif.fr) showed at the TexProcess trade fair in Frankfurt, Germany today. The lady was very kind to let me film a demo:

Edited by Uwe

That stand is awesome - but I bet the cost is about the same as a sewing machine!  Do you know what the stand costs in US dollars?  From the looks of the website it does not look like they have a US distributor.

wow! that is something. thanks for sharing Uwe !

Neat. China will be making them soon enough.

Very nice, here it's pretty common with hight adjustment machine tables and position attachments. But I never seen that particular solution before. A German company https://www.rk-rose-krieger.com/deutsch/produkte/linear-technik/ sells all the linear parts you need for a built like this.

Edited by Trox
spell

Thats the Galaxy 8 of sewing machine stands - very cool - question is do I need it or do I just want it because its cool and do I have the necessary amount of pennies... Personally - I would prefer a crank model!

Uwe, if you have seen more "space machines" please post em - always nice to see these inventions. So when you are back home there will be an UWE version of this stand soon - right? ;)

Yes,that is a real nice stand!

16 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Neat. China will be making them soon enough.

Super cool stand.  But I can't see China doing a whole lot of that.  Not many people here in the states are going to spend the money for that.  The stand is probably as much or more than the head.    

9 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Thats the Galaxy 8 of sewing machine stands - very cool - question is do I need it or do I just want it because its cool and do I have the necessary amount of pennies... Personally - I would prefer a crank model!

Uwe, if you have seen more "space machines" please post em - always nice to see these inventions. So when you are back home there will be an UWE version of this stand soon - right? ;)

Sure I don't NEED it but yes I want it.  Just like I want this!

I can see something like that with hand cranks for less money selling well.

Bill

We buy the Kessler hand crank tables. They are good quality, come in countless configurations, but cost about $1100. My GoreTex seam sealers are on pneumatic lift and tilt tables. Considering the entire units are 40K each, I imagine the table itself is quite expensive. I do have one table for a Reece 104 that is actually hydraulic for raising and lowering. Interesting design, but way overkill for it's purpose. It's a matter of want vs need I guess. I do love the locking casters on the Kessler tables. We rearrange the factory often as styles dictate, the casters are priceless. That's a pretty spiffy set up in that video though.

Regards, Eric

3 hours ago, Yetibelle said:

Sure I don't NEED it but yes I want it.  Just like I want this!

I believe this belongs in the toilet forum ! :lol:

I stopped by the stand again today to take a closer look. The designer/engineer was there and offered some additional insights.

The stand is rather over-engineered in a good way. There is a fair amount of complexity because certain parts are customized to the sewing machine head installed on the stand. So you can't just order a dozen of these stands and sell them to a bunch of people with very different machine heads.

Purely hypothetical, if you were a manufacturer of a certain size and affluence in, say, Southern California, you could just order sixty of these stands, have them loaded onto containers and shipped to the Durkopp Adler NA headquarters in Georgia to be fitted with shiny new identical Durkopp Adler 669 cylinder arm machines and then delivered to your factory. That's the way to do it, purely hypothetical.

The cost of the stand is only about a quarter of what that Durkopp Adler 669 and Efka drive system runs - a bargain in my opinion, especially if you buy sixty of them.

4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I stopped by the stand again today to take a closer look. The designer/engineer was there and offered some additional insights.

The stand is rather over-engineered in a good way. There is a fair amount of complexity because certain parts are customized to the sewing machine head installed on the stand. So you can't just order a dozen of these stands and sell them to a bunch of people with very different machine heads.

Purely hypothetical, if you were a manufacturer of a certain size and affluence in, say, Southern California, you could just order sixty of these stands, have them loaded onto containers and shipped to the Durkopp Adler NA headquarters in Georgia to be fitted with shiny new identical Durkopp Adler 669 cylinder arm machines and then delivered to your factory. That's the way to do it, purely hypothetical.

The cost of the stand is only about a quarter of what that Durkopp Adler 669 and Efka drive system runs - a bargain in my opinion, especially if you buy sixty of them.

So your at this show now - anything else impressive you want to share?

Just for the record, could probably obtain three Chinese sewing machines capable of what this machine can do, all with three different power stands; space saver over hang arm stand, flat surface table top, and flat surface with U shape cutout.  

18 hours ago, Yetibelle said:

So your at this show now - anything else impressive you want to share?

I would love to see some stuff!  Do they discourage images taken on the show floor?  Some places do.  

Many stands in the technical part of the show did indeed have "no cameras" signs plastered all over. The entire Juki stand was off limits for photos and videos. I took only a handful of photos and one video during the show. I may post about a few items here and there as time and motivation allows, but I don't plan to write a detailed trip report.

Thanks Uwe, that is fantastic. It wouldn't be hard to build a manual version as it's really only three tale positions,

plus the machine height.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, Uwe said:

Many stands in the technical part of the show did indeed have "no cameras" signs plastered all over. The entire Juki stand was off limits for photos and videos. I took only a handful of photos and one video during the show. I may post about a few items here and there as time and motivation allows, but I don't plan to write a detailed trip report.

Anytime any of these large companies go ahead and develop something, a copy is right around the corner.

It of course takes time, effort, and money, but it's like there is a copy being made and delivered the same day the original is unveiled.  Juki probably more than anyone at this point.  

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing