Nope, not my design, sir.  I don't like sharp corners or belt slots so far from the rig ;)

Still, nice color, though, and that elephant-J looks good as well.

My apologies. It has been awhile since i acquired this pattern. I am very fond of the gel dye I used one this one. Thank you!

7 hours ago, TrentonP said:

My apologies. It has been awhile since i acquired this pattern. I am very fond of the gel dye I used one this one. Thank you!

You shouldn't have to apologize for something you've made and posted in the "show off" section.

I've only had the nerve to make one holster, it was so so.  I wasn't even bold enough to do tooling on it, so kudos!  I like the color as well:  what did you use?  Have you had a chance to use the rig?  Functional, or would you make changes?

YinTx

I apologized because I had originally stated that I had used his pattern which was not the case. I have since edited the post. The dye is a gel antique mahogany from Tandy. This rig was made for a customer so I have not used it. Although I have made one out of elephant from the same pattern which I use frequently. I find it to be very functional and I would not make any changes to it. 

And I wasn't upset about it (then or now).  I was jus' pointing out that isn't my design.  You know, like when the neighbor girl is 'with child', a guy might say -- it wasn't me ;)

The color looks great, and the maker and customer both happy, so -- no reason at all to apologize.

I've never tried the gel stuff, though now I may have to.

The gel was definitely different to work with the first time. I have found I like to use it on pieces which have some stamping on them. When you wipe the gel off it leaves some behind in the stamping which makes it darker than the rest of the piece. It can lead to some nice color variations. 

12 hours ago, TrentonP said:

I apologized because I had originally stated that I had used his pattern which was not the case. I have since edited the post. The dye is a gel antique mahogany from Tandy. This rig was made for a customer so I have not used it. Although I have made one out of elephant from the same pattern which I use frequently. I find it to be very functional and I would not make any changes to it. 

It's all clear as can be now, makes sense.  Amazing how things look when they are missing context...kinda like the news these days.

YinTx

On 7/23/2017 at 5:50 AM, YinTx said:

It's all clear as can be now, makes sense.  Amazing how things look when they are missing context...kinda like the news these days.

YinTx

Lol...so true!

5 hours ago, immiketoo said:

Lol...so true!

Are you two insinuating that the talking heads on the news may not always state the facts as they really are and may have an agenda other telling us the truth??? Tell me it ain't so. Next I guess you'll try to tell me that all that I read on the internet isn't necessarily fact either.  :rofl:

27 minutes ago, ChriJ said:

the news may not always state the facts as they really are and may have an agenda

Trouble is, people have lost the ability to have a conversation.  Most people these days are raised by tv and internet -- and quite simply act and react according to what they see there.

Case in point here - what actually happened:

• Trenton said "i'm gonna show off a holster I made" , made with a pattern from Jeff.
  • Jeff said, "not my design, but the holster looks good".
  • Trenton not offended, Jeff not offended, maker and customer both happy, ... the end.

The rest of the posts are just 'the internet' pooling up around your ankles... where aguycould wade around in it, I guess - but maybe better plan to step out and back to something profitable.

Now, example of people misconstruing simple speech, how many automatically thought that by "profitable" I necessarily meant 'money'?  Maybe not the news guy with the agenda?

I missed it who got missconscrewed , it is not mine and will take a dna test to prove it.

29 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

it is not mine and will take a dna test to prove it.

Good to see yer feelin better, Ron ;)

Looks good! I like your name ( it's mine too haha) not many Trenton out there. Keep it up

7 hours ago, ChriJ said:

Are you two insinuating that the talking heads on the news may not always state the facts as they really are and may have an agenda other telling us the truth??? Tell me it ain't so. Next I guess you'll try to tell me that all that I read on the internet isn't necessarily fact either.  :rofl:

I just meant the news part.  Not sure what the rest of the posts are all about.