Dragonfly42

Newbie from ohio

Hello all! I would like to start by saying thank you for all of the wisdom I've found on this site. I recently decided to pick up leatherwork (two weeks ago) and wanted to post a picture of my first attempt at carving and tooling. You have no idea how much this site has helped!

RenderedContent-9EB299E1-93FA-4FC9-813D-6D4012EA72C1.JPG

Fly,

All you have to do here is to know what questions to ask.  So many well-informed folks and all willing to help.  What part of Ohio?

10 minutes ago, cowboycolonel said:

Fly,

All you have to do here is to know what questions to ask.  So many well-informed folks and all willing to help.  What part of Ohio?

Hahaha that's half the problem! I'm kinda winging it so I have no clue what to ask!! Any critiques or input would definitely be appreciated. I'm just outside of cleveland

Dragonfly,

Can't critique, as I don't have enough experience myself yet.  But what I do know is that carving leather and carving leather well are two different things.  For your first attempt, looks like you are on the road to carving leather well!  Great first attempt... Can't wait to see the finished project.

Another one from the Buckeye,Welcome aboard here & it looks like your doing a great job carving already!!

Hi, from another Midwestern noobie! I know nothing about carving, except what I like, but it looks like you are doing very well, already. 

The amount of knowledge and information on this site truly is amazing, and goes far in continuing the art of leathercraft.

- Elizabeth

Hey Dragonfly, . . . welcome aboard, . . .  from one far enough south to say, "Yeah, . . . Dragonfly, one of those guys who's almost in New York", . . . lol.

Just south of Marion, . . . glad to have another Uh-high-uh guy here.

May God bless,

Dwight

I've been telling my wife for years how to pronounce it, and she still thinks it's pronounced phonetically!!!