So my wife had her birthday today and I made to items for her. For the last year she complained about the fact, that she didn't get a bag from me and why I was doing them for everyone else. I tried to argue that the other people paid for the bags, but she just dismissed that argument :)

so today she finally got the bag and was thrilled... and I also did a belt she really liked. 

Both items is made of black veg tan leather, hand stitch and the bag got brown goat lining. 

I would love your opinion on the items, good day to you all. 

IMG_7604.JPG

Great job. Happy wife, Happy life.

I've been wanting to do a bag for my wife. If it comes out half as nice as that did I'll be very pleased.  Good job.

7 minutes ago, Sofaspud said:

I've been wanting to do a bag for my wife. If it comes out half as nice as that did I'll be very pleased.  Good job.

Thanks for the kind words sofaspud :)

I haven't sold any leather goods to anyone yet (I have given away lots...) and my wife has lately said the same to me.

My answer was " I didn't think you would want anything I made"  anyway we'll see...

I think thats a fantastic looking bag! very neat and nice stitching.

Is that your own pattern or did you buy it?

6 minutes ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

I haven't sold any leather goods to anyone yet (I have given away lots...) and my wife has lately said the same to me.

My answer was " I didn't think you would want anything I made"  anyway we'll see...

I think thats a fantastic looking bag! very neat and nice stitching.

Is that your own pattern or did you buy it?

I did the pattern myself after looking at a lot of pictures at Pinterest.. I had some things I definitely wanted, like the back pocket... 

I'm really happy you like it :)

I have a question for you...

I have a conversation going on on another forum about stitching.

The white stitches on your strap appear to have a small space between them, when I stitch my leather I don't get that ( mine seem to overlap each other (saddle stitch) how do you get that look you have? I really like it.

59 minutes ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

I have a question for you...

I have a conversation going on on another forum about stitching.

The white stitches on your strap appear to have a small space between them, when I stitch my leather I don't get that ( mine seem to overlap each other (saddle stitch) how do you get that look you have? I really like it.

I use saddle stitches too, I make them tight but not super tight... and use a 18/5 hemp thread. I think the space is more clear when it's a single piece of leather, than when you stitch two pieces together....

Very elegant. Very visually pleasing.

They both are elegant! I'm sure any woman would be honored to own them.

The Black Veggie Tanned leather brings up a question...

Can you carve and tool the Black, or any other color for that matter?

Thank You Kindly

4 hours ago, WoodysWorkshop said:

They both are elegant! I'm sure any woman would be honored to own them.

The Black Veggie Tanned leather brings up a question...

Can you carve and tool the Black, or any other color for that matter?

Thank You Kindly

Thanks for the kind words, I don't know about carving, because I haven't ever tried it... but maybe someone with more knowledge than me, know the answer to your question :)

Wickett and Craig have tooling leather in black.   Most other black veg tan such as bridle, harness or latigo can take an impression but only barely and with varying degrees of success... You really have to work at it, and wouldn't want to try too much with it.

Good looking bag and belt, bynelson!

1 hour ago, billybopp said:

Wickett and Craig have tooling leather in black.   Most other black veg tan such as bridle, harness or latigo can take an impression but only barely and with varying degrees of success... You really have to work at it, and wouldn't want to try too much with it.

Good looking bag and belt, bynelson!

Thanks billybopp for the thoughts on the carving.. 

and thanks for the nice words :)