Here's my version of the popular summer carry style IWB. Made from 7/8 Hermann Oak and features a sewn in front sight channel.

received_10209262482223150.jpeg

Very nice look.

Do you reinforce the mouth at all? I'm making an iwb of a different style. First time using the pattern. It isn't as hard as I wanted it to be after moulding. I know everyone is different and some want the reinforcement and some don't. I was just curious what you think. 

I thought about this style too, and may try it next to get a feel for comfort. 

As usual, stellar work and I'm jealous. 

If you look under the notch in the belt loops you can see the smooth out reinforcement panel. 

Right lol I should have clarified. I meant with a steel band. I know a lot of people just use leather, but for some reason there's still a lot of give in mine when I do that. I don't know if it's normal or how to get it stiffer with just leather 

Yeah, superior work as usual. It is beautiful being inside out too, good touch.

1 hour ago, Stetson912 said:

Right lol I should have clarified. I meant with a steel band. I know a lot of people just use leather, but for some reason there's still a lot of give in mine when I do that. I don't know if it's normal or how to get it stiffer with just leather 

Not meaning to hijack the thread, . . . Inglegunleather, . . . you did a fantastic job on that holster.  I love the looks of it, . . . unfortunately, the makeup of my body does not like it.  It is not comfortable for me, . . . but I'll bet you can find  bunch of folks not like me if you keep making them like that one.

But to go on..........

Curiosity, Stetson912 :

What kind of leather are you using???

What are you using for your final finish???

Do you finish them inside and out???

I have never had an IWB collapse on me, . . . and never had a customer complain of it happening. 

The minimum thickness of leather I use for the holster body will be 7 oz, . . . 

It is always vegetable tanned leather.

It only gets a very light coat of neatsfoot oil, . . . emphasis on "light".

After dying, . . . it gets a coat of Resolene, . . . inside and out.

This is my basic process, . . . never have had a problem yet.

For even better results, . . . add a vacuum form molding device, . . . and after molding, . . . dry it in a 130 degree oven or drying box.  

NOW, . . . if you really want a hard holster, . . . layer two pieces of 4 oz together, . . . contact cemented flesh side to flesh side, . . . use that for your raw material.  You can almost use those holsters for clubs.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Thanks Dwight I'm almost finished with mine and will tag you in my post on it. I don't want this to overshadow the wonderful work ingle has done. 

VERY nice!  Really love the saddle stitch!  Don't see that too often on holsters...usually machine stitched.  

19 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Do you reinforce the mouth at all? I'm making an iwb of a different style. First time using the pattern. It isn't as hard as I wanted it to be after moulding. I know everyone is different and some want the reinforcement and some don't. I was just curious what you think. 

I thought about this style too, and may try it next to get a feel for comfort. 

As usual, stellar work and I'm jealous. 

This one was not metal reinforced. I've built other IWBs and nobody has ever mentioned them collapsing. However, this option was on the drawing board, but scrapped it during assembly.

Thank you for your compliment as well.

13 hours ago, verus22 said:

VERY nice!  Really love the saddle stitch!  Don't see that too often on holsters...usually machine stitched.  

Thank you very much. It is machine stitched though. Cobra Class 4. 

Edited by IngleGunLeather
Update info

17 hours ago, Dwight said:

Not meaning to hijack the thread, . . . Inglegunleather, . . . you did a fantastic job on that holster.  I love the looks of it, . . . unfortunately, the makeup of my body does not like it.  It is not comfortable for me, . . . but I'll bet you can find  bunch of folks not like me if you keep making them like that one.

But to go on..........

Curiosity, Stetson912 :

What kind of leather are you using???

What are you using for your final finish???

Do you finish them inside and out???

I have never had an IWB collapse on me, . . . and never had a customer complain of it happening. 

The minimum thickness of leather I use for the holster body will be 7 oz, . . . 

It is always vegetable tanned leather.

It only gets a very light coat of neatsfoot oil, . . . emphasis on "light".

After dying, . . . it gets a coat of Resolene, . . . inside and out.

This is my basic process, . . . never have had a problem yet.

For even better results, . . . add a vacuum form molding device, . . . and after molding, . . . dry it in a 130 degree oven or drying box.  

NOW, . . . if you really want a hard holster, . . . layer two pieces of 4 oz together, . . . contact cemented flesh side to flesh side, . . . use that for your raw material.  You can almost use those holsters for clubs.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you Dwight. No need to worry, your insight and willingness to share information is always welcome. 

18 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Yeah, superior work as usual. It is beautiful being inside out too, good touch.

Thank you very much. Hermann Oak makes it look real good.

20 hours ago, CaptQuirk said:

Very nice look.

Thank you. Not an original look, but thank you. Milt Sparks is the innovator behind that look. I think they are anyway. Maybe Bruce Nelson was? I need to do some history.

20 hours ago, IngleGunLeather said:

Thank you. Not an original look, but thank you. Milt Sparks is the innovator behind that look. I think they are anyway. Maybe Bruce Nelson was? I need to do some history.

I think Milt Sparks probably gets the nod on that one.  May be wrong, . . . but I don't think so.

Had a couple short computer conversations with him years ago, . . . was a truly stand up individual, . . . if I lived close to his shop, . . . I'd a been a regular pest.

May God bless,

Dwight