I am looking for a binder attachment head for a cylinder bed machine for around $50-$100. I want a step above the ebay binders, but I can't justify a $400 custom binder. Any leads would be very helpful, thanks.

Whats wrong with your "ebay binders"? I´m using "cheap" binders too - not a single problem with them.

I run ~1mm cotton tape through them.

What machine are you using?

7 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Whats wrong with your "ebay binders"? I´m using "cheap" binders too - not a single problem with them.

I run ~1mm cotton tape through them.

What machine are you using?

Singer 153w102. I have a binder for my 241-3 that I like, however, I hope to use the 153w as a designated binder machine.

The KHF48C binder kit from Kwok Hing fits my Singer 153W102 perfectly. I bought the kit for testing to see which of my large diameter cylinder arm machines it would actually fit. It has a 3/4" tape folder, is unused and can be yours for $70. 

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8025.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

That looks like a nice wide mouth folder. How much thickness could one feed through it?

9 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

How much thickness could one feed through it?

The 3/4" tape folder itself is a CW8 model and has a 7.5mm (19/64" or 19oz.) wide throat and accepts up to 2mm (5/64" or 5oz.) thick tape material.

IMG_9431.jpgScreen Shot 2017-11-23 at 11.22.16 PM.jpg 

On 11/23/2017 at 9:06 AM, Uwe said:

The KHF48C binder kit from Kwok Hing fits my Singer 153W102 perfectly. I bought the kit for testing to see which of my large diameter cylinder arm machines it would actually fit. It has a 3/4" tape folder, is unused and can be yours for $70. 

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8025.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

I really appreciate the offer, however, I am making a custom bracket and am looking for a head only. In addition, I am looking for a 1” raw edge binder. I was looking at buying the khf2 from kwokhing, but the shipping is$37 so idk if I will.i wanted to find a nice binder head that is high quality without being custom.

Uwe: that swing away binder looks like it would fit the juki 1341. If you have tried that or can mention anything on that casting I would appreciate hearing about that. Thanks

Also its interesting the tape size options mentioned that they offer. Whats kinda nice I think is the listing of final finish measurement be it tape, leather or whatever. 

Thanks guys

Floyd

I've been looking at large diameter machines, like a Consew 227 or a Pfaff 345. How does one go about ordering one of those plates and folders from Kwok Hing? Their website is a mystery. I'd  need a 1" version of that exact setup, I'm doing folded ballistic nylon bias tape. I've looked at 335 machines with a sync'd binder and they prob won't handle the thicker assemblies and slippery nylons I'm using, so I've been considering a static binder setup on a machine that has elliptical drop feed.

5 hours ago, brmax said:

Uwe: that swing away binder looks like it would fit the juki 1341. If you have tried that or can mention anything on that casting I would appreciate hearing about that. Thanks

I tried it on my Juki LS-341 and it unfortunately did not quite fit - mounting slot on the back does not line up with the threaded hole and the angle of the rear arm is different. I don't have a Juki LS1341 to test with.

IMG_9432.jpg

@R8R, @TheRuggedProject: For 1" tape folder options, I have the KHF2S 26mm ($45) and the KHF66 1" ($59) versions on hand. Compared to the CW-8, the KHF2S and KHF66 tape folders are quite a bit larger and have a different mounting scheme. They might work, especially if you make a custom bracket. They definitely do fit the Pfaff 335 binder bracket. These are well made tape folders and I've heard good feedback from folks who bought them. Here are some photos for comparison:

IMG_9435.jpgIMG_9433.jpg

Uwe: Thank you very much for that information.

Its interesting some of the different mounting blocks on the folders. Really a benefit to the different plates or casting these machines have. All a bit different. 

I noticed in some older post some referring to the 441 size as large which is understandable so these others must be medium and small ? :)

Good day

Floyd