dfrensdorff

Chinks .... Just off the bench

Hello All .... Haven't posted in a while, but things slowed down enough here that I was able to get a pair of chinks off the bench .... Basic, sand bullhide, with the same dyed for the yoke, side panel, and leg stiffener.  stainless steel conchos and buckles.  First pair, so there are a few mistakes, but that is what how one learns ..... pattern based off Cow Camp Saddlery, and a few pairs of my cowboy friends ..... Happy Thanksgiving to all .....Don

IMG_2686.JPG

Edited by dfrensdorff

Looks nice to me! I know nothing of chinks though so there could be a million technical issues but I think those look just fine.

They look really great. The only thing I would do different would be cutting the fringe on the side at a more vertical angle so it hangs down a little better and doesn't have a "wave" effect. Other than that, I think they're just grand. Good work!

-Ryan 

Thanks .... And yes, funny you mention the fringe .... That was one of my mistakes .... I caught myself on the first leg making the angle mistake ..... The other leg worked out fine and looks as it should .....