So we got a little puppy and is now starting to chew quite a bit.  While my beagle and now new puppy were together she started to chew his old collar and tore it up so I made him a new one. 

Made of 4-5 oz veg tanned dyed in royal blue Fiebings pro dye.  1/2" letter stamped and stiched with 138 Bonded nylon in gold. 

Pupley collar (1).jpg

Pupley collar (2).JPG

Very noice collar

Well done. Pupley should have that for many years to come. I like the choice of brass hardware you opted for.

Did u use a brush to stain the collar and resist on the outline and viener border ?

Same question as above. 

Lucky dog! Lucky dog!

9 hours ago, Daiello40 said:

Did u use a brush to stain the collar and resist on the outline and viener border ?

Actually I didn't use a resist.  I let leather case and when I punched the letters and the border I made sure to go deep enough.  Once it all dried back up I then proceeded to dye it with Fiebings pro dye.  My process to do this is actually really simple of course first thing is first, the stamping has to be deep.  I actually use a microfiber cloth like the ones you find at the auto parts store to apply the dye.  You will need paper towel napkins (throw aways).  So I  basically hold the microfiber towel to the 4oz bottle of dye and let it soak in (lightly) still this is too much to start applying to leather so.....I dab it against the paper towel quite a bit as to absorb the really wet of the dye into it.  Let the microfiber set for like 20-30 seconds then start to apply light coats onto the leather.  You will probably need to do this step a few times to completely cover the leather.  I always always have a test strip that I equally stamp as deep to make sure I'm not oversaturating the microfiber cloth.  The secret is to let the paper napkin absorb the first really wet application  and use the residual to dye.  hope this helps. 

So you're actually just skimming the top of the leather with the dye, correct?

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, alpha2 said:

So you're actually just skimming the top of the leather with the dye, correct?

That is correct

Interesting, I'll have to try that soon. Thanks.