Mjolnir

Clam, on the half shell.

14 hours ago, AdamPCain said:

It is a Moreau clamp no I do not own one but have talked to him a bunch I am a Tool maker by trade and he sent me all his plans. I was in the process of trying to help him find a way to still manufacture these were he could still sell them.  He is the nicest guy ever it is hard to get a hold of him he has very limited access to the internet.

30 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Been following this thread and just looked up Fred Moreau..He lives about a hours drive from me ( unless he has moved ) ..I'll give him a call ( won't call now as it it near 19.00 hrs Sat evening here and for French the weekend before the new year is sacred, reserved for family and friends, would not want to disturb the man ) next week and see if he is OK for a visit..

Wayback machine has his site as last on line in sept of 2017..

Adam..can you drop me a pm..

Good luck guys. Please keep me posted about this.

Questions and answers about Ahab's Whale. Dimensions? Resin impregnating wood?  the lock is proprietary? ie hand tooled? the bench clamp on this is available on amazon.com. Can I recreate a comparable clam? I'm back from vacation. I put the clam on the back burner to gain a little perspective. now I'm focused like a laser to make myself one like this so I can send the other two into the ether.

On 12/30/2017 at 1:01 PM, AdamPCain said:

Beth's_pony_01(1).jpg

Where did this come from? Wowsers!!!

Nevermind, I went back and read the previous page .

Edited by bikermutt07

11 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

now I'm focused like a laser to make myself one like this so I can send the other two into the ether.

Dude I will kick your a** if you burn your old ones....

Mjolnir, OK..I read your post there re the mysterious albino cetacean, and..as i can hear you champing at the bit from here ( the sound is coming in on the westerly storms were are getting ATM )..I rang Mr Fred Moreau ( I was going to ring him next week ) ..I had to leave him a message on his answering machine as he is "unavailable at the moment" ( his says it in French as do mine )..But ( and here is the good part to keep you going ) his answer machine does have his voice saying his name..so..step one accomplished..:)

I left a message explaining briefly who I was and that there was interest in his clamp in an English"speaking ( we say "Anglophone"..pronounced just as you would think it would be ; ) forum and that I'd like to be able to talk with him and if possible meet him , if he is OK to be visited I suggested that I visit him next week, I'll call him back again later this evening ( it is currently just before 17.00 hrs here ) around 19.00 hrs..If I can't get him today, I'll repeat the calls tomorrow maybe at a different time ( morning, and lunchtime )..Just as soon as I get some concrete news, I'll post it in this thread..

As Jake says, don't you dare burn your clamps..

I'm copying and pasting ( and will print out to take with me , if he is OK for a visit ) any questions that any one has.

I know that he reads and writes English very well , so I don't expect that I'll have much ( if any translation to do ), but as I actually spend far more time working , speaking, reading and writing French than I do English, any conversation will probably be a mixture of the languages anyway..Much as I noticed when I was in the USA ( many times ) was / is ? the case in areas that have a large Spanish speaking population..You tend to think and express yourself in a mixture of all the languages that you speak, and some things ( like a lot of humour ) just doesn't translate well anyway, because all the background of the culture is needed to make the humour ( or whatever ) "work" a 100%..except of course in silent movies.. :-)

Edited by mikesc

6 hours ago, Jake907 said:

Dude I will kick your a** if you burn your old ones....

by ether, I meant to send them away. LOL! your at the top of a very short list Jake :)

6 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

by ether, I meant to send them away. LOL! your at the top of a very short list Jake :)

I'm used to my wife, she will re-work a project until it is perfect in every way and if she can't get it as perfect as she wants it, then it gets cut up into scraps or something (she usually gets it though). Just don't throw them away or anything, thinking that no body will want them if they aren't perfect. 

Does anyone here know how to get Fred's clamps? the site seems to be gone entirely! 

20 hours ago, MaxMizur said:

Does anyone here know how to get Fred's clamps? the site seems to be gone entirely! 

He retired due to health reasons. It's been 1 1/2 -2 years since I emailed with him.

Fred is not making them anymore due to poor health.