harimau777

Western Style Heel Bar Buckle in 1.75"

I like the look of the large western style heel bar buckles like this:
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/diablo-buckle-sets

However, I prefer 1.75" wide belts and I cannot find any in that width.  I've had trouble searching for them online since any thing about "western" buckles returns plate/trophy style buckles.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a buckle like that or have suggestions on what they might be called that differentiates them from western plate/trophy buckles?

Thanks for the help,

Harimau777

My friend, you will have a tough time on that one.  

In my 73 years, . . . not sure I ever did see one, . . . but then again I could be wrong.

One thing you can do, that will (if anything will) make a difference, . . . put your search in quotes    "heel bar buckle" , . . . and try different search engines.  There are a dozen or so out there ready to help you, . . . and each one has it's own way of doing things.  

I normally use Google Chrome . . . but Firefox is my secondary, . . . and Edge is the next one.  

You also want to try Ebay, . . . lots of times I have found stuff there that I could not find else where.

Good luck, . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

And you can take a look at this guy's offerings:  after I posted above, . . . I got curious, . . . found this one.

On the left side, . . . pick the heel bar buckle offering.

https://www.buckleguy.com/heel-bar-buckles/

May God bless,

Dwight

search for "ranger style buckle". 

As Dwight mentioned buckleguy has a few heel bar buckles but they are plain. Alpha is right, they are called ranger buckles. Unfortunately I haven't ever seen them larger than 1.5". 

Have you considered tapering your belt from 1.75" to 1.5" and using the 1.5" set? Just a thought. 

You may have to find a custom maker for something like that. Perhaps a bronze sculptor or someone who does sand casting and can cast one in brass for you. Let us know if you find one for sale somewhere. 

There is a member on this board, can't remember his name... but he is in Romania I think. He makes some beautiful tools and stamps, and about a couple months back, showed off some very beautiful buckles that are close to what you want. Somebody is bound to know who it is, and you can go from there. I personally want a couple of them, even at the $40-ish price. They are well worth it.

Bulgaria ..

arbalet12

That is the guy... and I was sort of close with his location, right? Bulgaria, Romania... same neighborhood :)