Non-printing pocket holster for Ruger LCP. Lightweight molded holster with slightly heavier back panel, designed to prevent printing and keep holster upright in pocket.

LCPpocket2.jpg

LCPpocket3.jpg

LCPpocketBack.jpg

LCPtopview.jpg

Pretty!

Is the inside of the holster just glued in place?

Also does the mag release button get pressed by the edge?

The holster itself is glued, formed and finished separately. It's riveted on at the last step. I glue the holster together, then wet-form, then finish. When all the parts/sub-assemblies are done, I rivet the parts together. I have tested the mag release to death, as that is one of my biggest issues. A carry gun is NO HELP if the already low round count mag is ejected on the pull. Or, worse, sometime during the day without your knowledge.

I couldn't get it to release. I did do some additional boning to relieve any pressure on it during the wet-forming state, though. Now, it's more like an additional protection bit.

Jeff

Looks good 

whats the flare out at the barrel end? 

I like the concept Jeff - very clean and simple!  To draw, do you pull the entire holster out of your pocket?  Seems like it will be difficult to get a good grip on the handle to pull it out of your pocket.

Gary

My wife and I have a couple of this type of holster, and they weren't glued before stitching. The sewn corners have started to loosen up allowing the holster portion to move relative to the back panel. So, rivets. Too bad, too, 'cause that would have been the shortest stitch line I've ever had to do!

The flare is for the front sight on the second iteration of the LCP. Not to be confused with the LCP II. The first iteration barely had any sights at all, and would not require any flare for sure.

The draw is actually not bad, as the only attachment of the holster to the back piece is at the lower corner, allowing you to easily get you fingers between the two parts and draw the gun. Like any "draw from concealment", a bit of practice will help. Pretty simple, though.

If you've ever carried a sub-compact in a pocket, when you're standing, they're mostly okay. If you sit, with it in a front or side cargo pocket, or bend over with one in a back pocket, they print pretty good. This even with one of those soft pocket holsters, or one that doesn't cover the outside of the grip. I just retired from a job where I was not "allowed" to carry at work. Did for years, no issues. Printing was not an option.

4 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

My wife and I have a couple of this type of holster, and they weren't glued before stitching. The sewn corners have started to loosen up allowing the holster portion to move relative to the back panel. So, rivets. Too bad, too, 'cause that would have been the shortest stitch line I've ever had to do!

The flare is for the front sight on the second iteration of the LCP. Not to be confused with the LCP II. The first iteration barely had any sights at all, and would not require any flare for sure.

The draw is actually not bad, as the only attachment of the holster to the back piece is at the lower corner, allowing you to easily get you fingers between the two parts and draw the gun. Like any "draw from concealment", a bit of practice will help. Pretty simple, though.

If you've ever carried a sub-compact in a pocket, when you're standing, they're mostly okay. If you sit, with it in a front or side cargo pocket, or bend over with one in a back pocket, they print pretty good. This even with one of those soft pocket holsters, or one that doesn't cover the outside of the grip. I just retired from a job where I was not "allowed" to carry at work. Did for years, no issues. Printing was not an option.

Thanks for clarification Jeff - I have a S&W Bodyguard that would probably be a good fit for this type holster.  I will make one when I complete a few ongoing projects and let you know how it turns out.

Gary

I have a Bodyguard holster for my LCP. Only because it was mis-marked at the store...in wrong bag, anyway. The LCP fit fine, not exactly like in my wifes actual LCP one, but I never noticed until she got hers and I tried it, found it had a different model number and researched it. The LCP fits just a bit lower in the right one than the Bodyguard one, as I recall. Or maybe it's the other way around. The LCP is smaller then the BG, this I know.

Mine has the built in laser (that I never use) so maybe a bit bulkier under the barrel. I made a small pocket holster but it is difficult to raw without pulling the holster out and using two hands.  For this reason I normally just keep it in my glovebox.  Your design might just be the ticket!

22175FEC-D82C-4404-9D93-4BEE282DF3D0.jpeg.e4d775fe6ba0fd0c3ed0ebbff7d837e4.jpeg

7C6D7C38-F0E6-4383-8B7E-A431B9BCC052.jpeg.547c99ab32c58a6d9b0afeb579a4bae7.jpeg

And, the flat bottom keeps it upright in the pocket. That feature REALLY makes it easier to draw!

My laser doesn't work, it just died one day, and it's not the battery, but no matter, you couldn't see it except at night. Smith soon changed to a different vendor.

2 hours ago, alpha2 said:

And, the flat bottom keeps it upright in the pocket. That feature REALLY makes it easier to draw!

My laser doesn't work, it just died one day, and it's not the battery, but no matter, you couldn't see it except at night. Smith soon changed to a different vendor.

You are right, in a loose pocket mine tends to drop down on the grip end.  I am going to try your design. Thanks for sharing!

Gary