BillinTR

First Post, Pretty Clueless

Just thought I would introduce myself. I am just beginning to get into some feeble attempts at leatherwork. I am waiting on my first order from Springfield Leather Company. My initial primary interest is some archery related stuff since I enjoy shooting a longbow. Later I want to try and make some moccasins. I expect most of my work to be stitching for now. I have been doing a ton of reading and video watching and have someone giving me their personal insights as I move along. I have also been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have learned a lot that way as well.

Welcome!  Hope you learn a lot here.  Ask questions.  We all started from zero so don't feel shy.  When you complete a project and want feedback, make sure to post pictures of it.  Most here are helpful and kind.

Good luck!

Welcome aboard. Most of us regulars learned from others here.

We have some really knowledgeable folks around here. 

If you made your first order and it was at Springfield, then I guess you have been doing your reading.

Good luck.

welcome to the show and a lifetime of learning ahead of you!

I'm a longbower (is that a word?) too. There is a section for archery stuff in the forums  and I may have a pattern or two if you need something. I do my my patterns and have them in digital format.

Welcome - looking forward to seeing your first projects!

Gary

Instinctive, thanks for the pattern offer. For now though the first couple of items I have in mind will be copies of stuff I have and really like that don't seem to be available any more. I will keep your offer in mind for the future though.