Dun

SLC leather descriptions?

One is "A" grade one us "B" grade. The B grade will have more marks and scars. So more waste is how I see it. Idk if this is what you are asking about.

Truth be told they are probably a tannery run that Springfield has separated and graded themselves. This is common among retailers and nothing out of the ordinary. Springfield folk seem to be pretty good to deal with.

Thanks guys, that makes sense. Honestly my stuff isn't polished enough to pay for pristine and scar less. It makes the "rugged crudeness" look more on purpose? But if these are SLC grading terms it makes it easier than trusting different tanneries versions of what is an A and what is a B grade.

I just would need to plan ahead for the large cutouts I will need to make and make there is no holes interfering with the dimensions? Wasn't ready for a purchase just yet so i didn't want to bother the SLC people until then. Thanks for helping.

Actual tanneries are probably trust worthy on their grading. But I think w&c is the only one I know of who sells retail with no minimums. I could be wrong on that. We haven't discussed tanneries in awhile.

Hermann Oak also sells retail but at a 10 hide minimum.

Springfield will do ya right, or at least try to make it right when it's not.

All of the providers of leather have been beat up on here on the site, if not for price, then for description, shipping costs, you name it.  the people over at SLC are decent to work with, it is a busy location, picture a Tandy Store but with a whole lot more in it.  And they have walk in customers as well as all the phone calls that come in all day long, if you do call and that is what they are there for ASK for KEVIN, you always see his photo and I think the other is Randy, they are more than willing to help out.

Springfield Leather is by far the best supplier I have dealt with. As mentioned they are willing to answer your questions. On the rare occasion when I have had an issue with leather they sent they will make it right without and problems. I have purchased Hermann Oak from them as well as the import veg-tan. Recently I bought some of the import tooling that they have and it was great leather. Right now they have a huge stock of various leather they have show as "the leather disrupter" and the prices are very low. I am placing an order tomorrow for a few pieces in fact.

47 minutes ago, Ed in Tx said:

Springfield Leather is by far the best supplier I have dealt with. As mentioned they are willing to answer your questions. On the rare occasion when I have had an issue with leather they sent they will make it right without and problems. I have purchased Hermann Oak from them as well as the import veg-tan. Recently I bought some of the import tooling that they have and it was great leather. Right now they have a huge stock of various leather they have show as "the leather disrupter" and the prices are very low. I am placing an order tomorrow for a few pieces in fact.

I never tried SLC before so I just ordered 50 feet of leather from their “disrupters” sale.  Mostly thin lining leather and calfskin.  I am looking forward to checking out the quality.

Gary

And watch their videos, them guys are a hoot.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:31 PM, garypl said:

I never tried SLC before so I just ordered 50 feet of leather from their “disrupters” sale.  Mostly thin lining leather and calfskin.  I am looking forward to checking out the quality.

Gary

Received 50 sq ft of leather today from the disrupter sale - nice pieces of lining leather in pieces varying from 1.5 to 3.5 oz.  I am very happy with the quality, price and quick service from Springfield Leather!

Gary

Thanks for the update @garypl

The second one says it is better