Webicons

Wet molding / Prototype Mold

On 2/7/2018 at 2:32 AM, RockyAussie said:

Also on the top mould having a relief groove just past the cut off point helps the forming. Brian

Hello Brian - It looks like the relief line that you made for your handcuff mold was only on the frame side.  Correct?  You didn't make another relief line on the opposite side of the mold?

I am planning on putting in some time to learn Sketchup.  I wish the controls were more intuitive and working in a 3D space is not the easiest thing.  Have you used Sketchup before or do you exclusively work with AutoCAD?

7 hours ago, Webicons said:

Hello Brian - It looks like the relief line that you made for your handcuff mold was only on the frame side.  Correct?  You didn't make another relief line on the opposite side of the mold?  Yes that is right, the idea is to allow the leather to have some room to expand without affecting the main shape.

I am planning on putting in some time to learn Sketchup.  I wish the controls were more intuitive and working in a 3D space is not the easiest thing.  Have you used Sketchup before or do you exclusively work with AutoCAD? Only Autocad i'm afraid. Thats what Ive been using for many years. I believe TurboCad is a lot more affordable and a very useful program to have. The drawing took awhile to think out how to achieve the results but now it just seems to come pretty easy. I tend to set a couple of lines across and up and down and off to the side, and as long as I remember to always copy them into further changes I then find it pretty easy to add or subtract etc using the ends of those reference lines. Hope that makes some sense. Brian