Zacharyc

Bag bottoms

I've been experimenting with box bottom leather bags and I came across a style I've never attempted or seen before. The base of the bag has a triangular envelope style flap that rivets to the body. The edges of the flap are all turned over as well. Has anyone ever attempted anything like this before? I am at a complete loss figuring out how this would all piece together

- Zach

IMG_7704.PNG

Maybe Im wrong, but I think its a great idea. Why? In my opinion its base was or can be used from a larger pattern, and carefuly folded in!  I do believe the folded in part of the base is, only stitched just a bit under the triangle to allow the folding then triangle being stitched afterward.

Again could be totally off base, so Im going to lunch. 

Good day

Floyd

It sure looks like the end of just about any birthday/Christmas package I've ever wrapped, before I've folded or trimmed the tip of the triangle. 

Yup

On 02/02/2018 at 2:08 PM, LatigoAmigo said:

It sure looks like the end of just about any birthday/Christmas package I've ever wrapped, before I've folded or trimmed the tip of the triangle. 

Yup

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, LatigoAmigo said:

yup yup that's what I would say

Watch the end of the video it shows how to get those corners . https://so-sew-easy.com/3-methods-boxing-corners-bag/

1 hour ago, Jerilyn said:

Watch the end of the video it shows how to get those corners . https://so-sew-easy.com/3-methods-boxing-corners-bag/

Not quite the same corners but I use this method 3 in the video quite a lot and I reckon it works alright. Here some pics that show as I use it in leather. The base has a drop in stiffener and they can fold up to reduce space when travelling etc. Check my website to see more. Brian

2680 Tote_resize.JPG

2678 Tote_resize.JPG

2692 Tote_resize.JPG

IMGP0769_resize.JPG

On 2/3/2018 at 7:56 PM, Jerilyn said:

Thank you!