howlback

Walking foot is leaving marks on leather

I have an Atlas Levy 3341 (Cobra Class 26). The walking foot is leaving impressions in the leather and I was wondering if there is an adjustment I could make to keep that from happening.

You could adjust the top foot pressure or rub your stitch line  with a bone folder or tap it with a flat faced hammer. 

BAck off the big open tubular thing on the top of the head ... I am not going to take a picture.  I am sure you can figure it out. Or call cobra steve.

My teacher told me to put a business card under the walking foot and then there are no marks....found this quite clever

9 hours ago, tomsmith85717 said:

BAck off the big open tubular thing on the top of the head ... I am not going to take a picture.  I am sure you can figure it out. Or call cobra steve.

6 hours ago, updn said:

My teacher told me to put a business card under the walking foot and then there are no marks....found this quite clever

Done and done. Stitches look great now.

Thank you for this thread, I have been suffering the same issue with my cobra class 4:rolleyes: cant wait to try it:yeah:

8 hours ago, updn said:

Careful -- that's clearly useful information presented clearly and concisely.  I use a short strip of 4 oz cowhide, but same idea ;)

On 2/5/2018 at 7:08 PM, tomsmith85717 said:

G'day,   Thats what I did as  I had a similar problem . But I was never too sure how much pressure was on the spring and how far I could adjust  it without it  " getting some air time"  as someone on here put it when I inquired out it. :)   But I now have it juuuust right , ........and haven't touched it since  . 

HS

Edited by Handstitched