Hey everyone, like the title says this is for the staff at my local Tandy. Now, I have mentioned in the past Tandy's short comings, but that has always been more aimed at the corporate business plan.

The staff at my store is really great. A few weeks ago the manager called me to let me know about an elite sale they were having. From Friday morning until Saturday closing they were offering a membership upgrade sale. Which meant being a gold club member I would receive elite pricing on everything. 

This sounded pretty great to me. And I was really impressed that they called me about it. But, I was busy with work and I didn't make the sale. I just had too much going on. 

Well, I walked in this past Tuesday evening. And, as always, I was greeted by name. I told them I was sorry I had missed the sale. Now, truth be told I wasn't going in to make any significant purchase. I was actually just looking for some unwinding time after work.

A little more on that..... My wife and I went to a berieved parents retreat last weekend. And while it was nice being there for the other parents, we brought home a little more baggage than we first realized. We lost out little Eddie almost 4 years ago. He only survived 2 weeks in the NICU. It was very helpful for the parents who have only recently lost a child to see us carrying down the road. It gave them a little "light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. 

But Monday my wife decided to stay home with our 5 year old son and have a "mom and monkey" day. All good so far. Tuesday she had a bit of a meltdown and had to stay home again. Luckily, the good Lord gave me some encouraging words for her before I left for work. Sha was able to overcome and snap back. By Wednesday morning she was gunning to get back to work teaching art to her middleschoolers. She is so amazing.

So, back to Tuesday evening, I wasn't sure what I would be dealing with when I got home, so I stopped by Tandy. After apologizing for missing the sale I was wandering around to see if I needed anything specific. As I was doing this, the manager informed me that anything I purchased that day, I would get that elite pricing.

They didn't know what was going on in my world, but they sure made me feel good that evening. I bought about eighty dollars worth of stuff and saved about 40 dollars.

It was nice to get the sale price two weeks after the sale.

Good on ya, Meghan.

God looks after good people.

25 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

That's for certain, Brother.

I haven't been to that location but the folks in new Orleans always give me a hand if I call looking for something. (Don't stop in for them to know me by name since its 2 hours away) 

2 hours ago, kwc280 said:

I haven't been to that location but the folks in new Orleans always give me a hand if I call looking for something. (Don't stop in for them to know me by name since its 2 hours away) 

Where bouts you at?

I used to live in Bossier City--LOVED it!  They didn't have a Tandy store back then (it's been about 27-years).  

On 2/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, Rockoboy said:

I'll second Rockoboy.  Your story, and his comment made my day.  God Bless you both!

I always get the Tandy special sales flyers a couple days after the sale, the manager of my Tandy always honours those flyers for me. 

3 hours ago, Bigfoote said:

I always get the Tandy special sales flyers a couple days after the sale, the manager of my Tandy always honours those flyers for me. 

That's cool of them.

Your strength is an inspiration! 

The Lord bless you and keep you;  the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;

the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

I can be nothing but blessed. Thanks, guys.

I agree, as a military guy my biggest worry is if there is a decent leather supplier near.  When i was at ft huachuca, the folks at the tucson store always treated me great, and now that i'm back in bossier i'm happy to see they're there.  I used to go to the store over by I220 exit, not sure if it's still there, but have been to the one next to shane's ALOT already...lol.

3 minutes ago, koreric75 said:

I agree, as a military guy my biggest worry is if there is a decent leather supplier near.  When i was at ft huachuca, the folks at the tucson store always treated me great, and now that i'm back in bossier i'm happy to see they're there.  I used to go to the store over by I220 exit, not sure if it's still there, but have been to the one next to shane's ALOT already...lol.

Larry is still over there @ 220 for now. He gave up the Tandy license about 4 years ago. And he is getting ready to retire. One thing he does real good on is he always has plenty of dye colors to choose from.

We should get together and visit sometime. I live just up the street from the Tandy store. I would love someone to talk shop with.

17 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Larry is still over there @ 220 for now. He gave up the Tandy license about 4 years ago. And he is getting ready to retire. One thing he does real good on is he always has plenty of dye colors to choose from.

We should get together and visit sometime. I live just up the street from the Tandy store. I would love someone to talk shop with.

I liked the older couple that worked in there, I bough my first starter kit there years ago.  I need to run down there next time I'm in that area and drop in before they close up shop.  You read my mind on getting together, I always enjoy show and tell and trading notes etc, just need this torrential downpour to let up some

FYSA for you bossier folks... Tandy Info, i guess if i can't afford their tools, i'll just save up projects for Wednesdays...lol

MARCH 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th 2018

Red Shirt Wednesday – if you’re wearing RED you’ll get $5 off your total purchase!

Open Table – bring in any project between 12-5, use our tools, dyes and workspace!

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Even with all their inadequacies and poor quality leather, I still wish we had a Tandy somewhere closer than 4000kms. :(

1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

Even with all their inadequacies and poor quality leather, I still wish we had a Tandy somewhere closer than 4000kms. :(

4000kms? Is that like 20 miles?:crazy:

1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

Playing goofy, or are you serious?  Multiply by 5/8 and you will have miles.

Tom

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Playing goofy, or are you serious?  Multiply by 5/8 and you will have miles.

Tom

Yep, that's the goofy face.;)

2 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

You are a dill. Its about 2500miles. :(

6 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

You are a dill. Its about 2500miles. :(

:bike:

13 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

Yep. I don't get leather at Tandy. But if I need dye or something like that they are 10 min drive.