Kj86

Where to get printed leather

Does anyone know any suppliers that do printed leather.... graffiti, abstract, pictures ect ?

using it for inlay/overlay for pet collars and horse tack

must be able to post Australia 

thank you 

I’ve seen some printed leather on buyleatheronline. Maybe they ship to Australia?

I’ve bought from them and the quality was good.

I spotted this seller on ebay.uk. Has a large number of different designs listed. He's in Germany. Might send to Oz

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cowhide-leather-White-Newspaper-Design-2-4-mm-Thick-A3-Genuine-Buffalo-369/302653112849?hash=item4677880211:g:yeQAAOSwxKtX~0b-

Also; just spotted on Le Prevo website they do metallic; [go about 2/3 down page]

http://www.leprevo.co.uk/hides.htm

My local canvas and leather manufacturer/supplier has different printed and embossed leather.

Where are you based?

you can try this site :  PeggySueAldoLeather.com.

also listed on Etsy

Identity Leathercraft in the Uk have an excellent method for printing on leather, good quality results from your images or design. Might be worth talking to them.

Their method would be great for pet collars etc.

I know they do international shipping.

(I used to be associated with them but I'm not anymore.)

On 20/03/2018 at 9:19 PM, Rockoboy said:

My local canvas and leather manufacturer/supplier has different printed and embossed leather.

Where are you based?

I am in Western Australia

On 21/03/2018 at 4:31 AM, cowhide said:

you can try this site :  PeggySueAldoLeather.com.

also listed on Etsy

I had a look there but couldn't find what I was after

On 21/03/2018 at 6:50 AM, KittenThrasher said:

Identity Leathercraft in the Uk have an excellent method for printing on leather, good quality results from your images or design. Might be worth talking to them.

Their method would be great for pet collars etc.

I know they do international shipping.

(I used to be associated with them but I'm not anymore.)

Oh cool I will have to have a look.

thanks guys :)

I get some of my leather from DBM Leather and Canvas in Rockingham, because they are near where I live. Last time I was in there, they had some printed leather.

I don't know where they get their supplies from, but I would try the larger supplies in the eastern states, Birdsall, , Leffler, NSW Leather ,,, just the first 3 that come to mind.

Edit: I got some toad skin leather from the Toad Factory (aka Marino Leather) great stuff, but I don't know if they might have what you are looking for.

Edited by Rockoboy
spellcheck

On 24/03/2018 at 8:34 AM, Rockoboy said:

I get some of my leather from DBM Leather and Canvas in Rockingham, because they are near where I live. Last time I was in there, they had some printed leather.

I don't know where they get their supplies from, but I would try the larger supplies in the eastern states, Birdsall, , Leffler, NSW Leather ,,, just the first 3 that come to mind.

Edit: I got some toad skin leather from the Toad Factory (aka Marino Leather) great stuff, but I don't know if they might have what you are looking for.

Thanks for that rockoboy!! 

Hey your not that far away from me. Will have to go for a drive to DMB and have a look :) do you know if they sell tooling leather? I just got some from a tannery in Victoria and am far from happy with the quality of it this time around it's full of scratches and scars pretty much useless. And if I can buy local I would much prefer to do that 

I have bought a few pieces of vegtan of different thicknesses from them. I have tooled it, so from my basic knowledge ... its tooling leather, whether it is or not! :rolleyes:

If you have something specific in mind, or want your own design, contact a print shop and ask if they print on leather.  An established one that does a variety pf printing would know what kind of ink/paint would be most durable. Or perhaps a screen printing shop.  

Book binders or restorers?

I don't have the hand for it, but maybe you do to paint your own design.  Hmmm, edge paint......